Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shaving

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't shave everyday and I use an triple head Norelco electric razor with Afta pre shave, then Duke Cannon Ice aftershave lotion...I have an Excel razor to clean up any hairs the electric misses. I agree prep really helps wth making shaving easier

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    I don't have aggressive facial hair and should shave about every other day. I've gone to a Braun electric shaver and I'm very happy with that choice. No more razor burn or irritated skin. If I ever need a super close shave, I still have a Gillette razor to get that job done.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I shave every other day. Soft water is very helpful in making a shave smoother/more comfortable.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a pretty thick beard and it shaves so much better after I've washed my face in the hot shower water.
    While attending Military schools for Professional Development, twice a day was the usual, especially if we were doing something later in the evening.
    It sucked so bad with cheap razors and jell foam.

My Poor Son inherited the beard, very difficult for him to not develop ingrown hairs though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjh View Post
    My Merkur 38HD and Astra Platinum blades changed everything for me. The razor is heavy enough that I don’t have to put much pressure the make a clean pass, and the blades aren’t so aggressive that they abrade my skin (I’m looking at you Feather).

Oddly, my favorite shave cream is from Trader Joe’s (pretty sure Jäson makes it for them).

The other big thing that helped was using aftershave. It helps to disinfect all the micro abrasions I just made by dragging a sharp piece of metal across my skin.

Only real issue I have is if I fly, I have to check my bag because DE blades aren’t allowed in the cabin of the plane.

Sent from 80ms in the future

I use the exact safety razor and blade setup. I have a beard so only touch up and shave the neck so my razors and soap last forever. I fly a lot for work(ok, I did before covid) and I just took a disposable razor with me so I didn't have to check a bag.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    Shaving after a shower makes a huge difference. I didnt figure that out till my late 20's always shaved before.

I have a trimmed beard these days and shave a about every 3 days to maintain the beard/clean up. I was using Dollar shave Club, but the handles kept breaking on me.

I ordered some Dorco Pace on Amazon which i believe is the same blades DSC uses anyways. I just run hot water and clean up around my beard, but may try some of the soap mentioned. $20 for a razor and blades from Dorco will last me over a year easy and quality is good

https://www.amazon.com/Dorco-Plus-Bl...683745&sr=8-68

Feedback Score
    So funny story I forgot to add. I’ve used subscribe and save from Amazon for a few things that are hard to find even in my area. I use Feather blades and forgot to remove them from my quarterly shipment. I now have 200 blades and a beard. So I’m going to be set until I can’t hold a razor anymore.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I have a pretty thick beard and it shaves so much better after I've washed my face in the hot shower water.
    While attending Military schools for Professional Development, twice a day was the usual, especially if we were doing something later in the evening.
    It sucked so bad with cheap razors and jell foam.

My Poor Son inherited the beard, very difficult for him to not develop ingrown hairs though.
    My ingrown hairs went away with the DE safety razor. Because the hairs aren’t cut below the surface of the skin, they don’t have a chance to curl under. While it might not be as smooth a shave as triple or quad blades, it’s infinitely more comfortable.

I also found that using warm water, as opposed to hot water, was better for me because I wasn’t hurting my skin prior to abrading it with sharpened metal.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjh View Post
    My Merkur 38HD and Astra Platinum blades changed everything for me. The razor is heavy enough that I don’t have to put much pressure the make a clean pass, and the blades aren’t so aggressive that they abrade my skin (I’m looking at you Feather)....
    Are you me?

I'll add in, the Proraso Sensitive Skin (white bowl) soap is my go-to, and an alum block to finish.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie2005 View Post
    Are you me?

I'll add in, the Proraso Sensitive Skin (white bowl) soap is my go-to, and an alum block to finish.
    Ha! There’s a lot of us. And apparently none of this is new information to my African-American friends.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast