Thread: Browning Challenger custom grips

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Browning Challenger custom grips

I have a Browning Challenger .22 that came with the fat target grips. I’m wanting to replace those with a set of micarta or G10 grips. I’m hitting a dead end finding any grips. Does anyone know of a custom grip maker that can build a set?

My wife bought me this pistol for our first anniversary, a few years ago, otherwise I’d dump it for a Buckmark. I wanted a Buckmark but the gun store clerk talked her into buying this. The finish was beat up and I had the barrel cut and threaded and am going to get it ceracoated! Those goes the collector value.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    There doesn't seem to be anything ready made in those materials out there, guns probably just too old. Maybe find a custom grip maker that is willing to give it a go.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    That’s what I’m trying to do with this thread.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Hogue has these:

https://www.hogueinc.com/grips/brown...s/buckmark/g10

I know they're for the Buckmark, but I noticed that on some iterations of the Challenger the grip screw is in the same part of the grip as the Buckmark. Maybe some modifying and tweaking and they might fit???
    Last edited by TomMcC; 01-26-21 at 23:07.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    From my research Buckmark grips will fit the Challenger II and all models after that. For the Challenger 1 (what I have) and I think the Nomad, the grip screws are in a different location.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Yeah, I'm seeing the lower screw location. Wasn't sure where the I,II, and III demarcations were concerning the screw location. Man, that's a bummer.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Yeah I think it was changed when the II was introduced but I believe the III is pretty much a Belgium made Buckmark.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Just go get the Buckmark and tell her it looks so much different with the new grips! If she figures it out and gets mad, tell her it is really hers and go shoot some cans together.