Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Listen and wear your mask or it's arrest and taser time....... even in Texas.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    Seeing things for what they are can be tough sometimes.

Some truths to realize and adjust your reality to:

The last vestige of justice is dead and the rule of law is dead.

Cops are not your friend and you should spend as little time in their presence as possible.

Masks don’t do shit. Properly fit test an N95 with a face shield and we can talk, but what’s being done now is beyond laughable and pure lunacy.

There’s a reason people don’t say “this is a free country”, anymore.

The Coof is real, however it’s been weaponized for control and that aspect of this virus is much more dangerous than anything else about it.

I’m at a loss- those of you who say the cop was in the wrong- yet the guy should have just gone along with it and stfu, followed commands, just done what he was told, etc.

What? Seriously?

Where are we at when this is the mentality of supposed “free men”?

It’s disturbing where we are at and it’s not getting better.

It’s not only the right thing to do, but an obligation to fight tyranny in every form.

The forces of tyranny expand inexorably to fill the space made available for their existence.

Too much space is given to be filled.

It’s truly disgusting to see what we’ve become in reaction to a bad cold. Sickening.
    If he didn't go along with just leaving, what do you suggest he do?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Ok, I''l bite....

1. Cop was a Di*k. There's way better ways to approach this situation.

2. The cop didn't just show up there so what caused someone to call the police on the guy?

3. The guy was armed with a pistol, not complying to officer's instructions (rude instructions) and breaking the law (no matter how ridiculous the law was)

4. The city ordinance that a mask is required is stupid but it's a law that was created by the local government, like it or not.

5. If a hot head cop walks in, approaches you in a hot head manner and you decide to argue with said hot head cop, while armed with a pistol, you're probably not going to come out on top at least in that skirmish of the battle you decided to enter into.

We don't have any laws here about mask wearing. The shops have signs requiring masks before entry. I haven't heard of any shops refusing service around here for no mask but if they do and the customer doesn't comply, they can have them removed by police for defiant trespass.
    Police, especially ones who are like minded individuals like us, are between a rock and a hard place. I personally don't believe in the mask crap and I basically only wear a mask where I know I would be denied entry otherwise. Luckily, I know that I won't be put in this situation where I work so I feel for other officers that have to enforce laws that they don't believe in.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    You ever see an episode of COPS? You can always tell which guy is taking the ride. He's the one with no shirt, almost always lit up a bit, and he's talking, talking some more...and then he talks himself right into jail.

IDK, if the cop can't seem to deescalate, maybe we need to try to. Seems to me to be better than getting tuned up, or jail, or tased, or shot.
    I would say that looking at how cops work through the eye of an edited show is a very narrow view. It's going to be a boring show if all they showed were people being calmed down. Also I'm pretty sure they go to areas where shit is bound to happen.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Perhaps we should all just pepper spray the mask nazis like the Portland mayor.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 01-27-21 at 07:33.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    He's a Farva. Needs to find a new job as a rent a cop.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    Ok, I''l bite....

1. Cop was a Di*k. There's way better ways to approach this situation.

2. The cop didn't just show up there so what caused someone to call the police on the guy?

3. The guy was armed with a pistol, not complying to officer's instructions (rude instructions) and breaking the law (no matter how ridiculous the law was)

4. The city ordinance that a mask is required is stupid but it's a law that was created by the local government, like it or not.

5. If a hot head cop walks in, approaches you in a hot head manner and you decide to argue with said hot head cop, while armed with a pistol, you're probably not going to come out on top at least in that skirmish of the battle you decided to enter into.

We don't have any laws here about mask wearing. The shops have signs requiring masks before entry. I haven't heard of any shops refusing service around here for no mask but if they do and the customer doesn't comply, they can have them removed by police for defiant trespass.
    Police, especially ones who are like minded individuals like us, are between a rock and a hard place. I personally don't believe in the mask crap and I basically only wear a mask where I know I would be denied entry otherwise. Luckily, I know that I won't be put in this situation where I work so I feel for other officers that have to enforce laws that they don't believe in.
    I doubt there was a law requiring masks. More likely an ordinance, and likely in Texas, said ordinance had little teeth. They passed an ordinance here in this county (governor said that such mandates violated the Federal and state constitution) and at the onset a few officers got a little...ready to jump the gun. A friend of mine saw an officer threaten somebody in a parking lot at the gas station a few blocks from my house.

The next day I stopped in the same gas station to fill up my truck. A cop that was sitting in the parking lot (I don’t know why), got out of the SUV and walked 3/4 of the way to the pump, I’m assuming to give me grief for not wearing the “mandated” mask. I suppose he saw that I was wearing my work clothes and had my badge on, and decided not to confront me. He turned around and got back into his SUV. I called the sheriff, who I served on a committee with for over a decade, the next day. It was reiterated that deputies weren’t supposed to be behaving in such a way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not sure about the outdoor part. But here in Austin the ordinance specifically exempts you from wearing a mask outdoors unless you’re in a crowd. Alone at a gas station is not a crowd AFAIK.

The cop in the store is an asshat and liability that needs to be dealt with. Retrain or fire imo.

Maybe he was auditioning for a federal gig.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    The next day I stopped in the same gas station to fill up my truck. A cop that was sitting in the parking lot (I don’t know why), got out of the SUV and walked 3/4 of the way to the pump, I’m assuming to give me grief for not wearing the “mandated” mask. I suppose he saw that I was wearing my work clothes and had my badge on, and decided not to confront me. He turned around and got back into his SUV. I called the sheriff, who I served on a committee with for over a decade, the next day. It was reiterated that deputies weren’t supposed to be behaving in such a way.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I appreciate you doing that, it is excruciatingly painful that people don't "Get It". It is only when someone "In Authority" doesn't get it, yet enforces "It" right or wrong.

Feedback Score
    When I was young it was hard to get on a police force. You had to be 6 ft. tall (a man) and had to pass several physical and psychological tests. Further, current policemen had to think you had the right stuff to be a policeman. I don't have the right stuff and knew it all my life. Unfortunately, there are many, many people now who also do not have the right stuff but do not know it and are on the police force. This cop is one of those.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    When I was young it was hard to get on a police force. You had to be 6 ft. tall (a man) and had to pass several physical and psychological tests. Further, current policemen had to think you had the right stuff to be a policeman. I don't have the right stuff and knew it all my life. Unfortunately, there are many, many people now who also do not have the right stuff but do not know it and are on the police force. This cop is one of those.
    I actually considered it before joining the Military. A retired Cop talked me out of it, straight up told me I didn't have the temperament for it after talking about it for a while.
    I've got law enforcement on both sides of my Family. My Brother retired at E-8 and is now a Deputy Sherriff. I have no idea how he does it, except than guy could sell freezer to Inuit's.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast