Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Listen and wear your mask or it's arrest and taser time....... even in Texas.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    He's a human being with flaws, he's not going react well sometimes. It doesn't excuse him, but it's one possible explanation. If he did this only one time would you still call him an egomaniac and sociopathy? I save those kinds of words for people like Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff.
    Some humans are more flawed than others, and some jobs require those with fewer flaws.

An officer so flawed as to behave as he did, just once, should not be in uniform. Simply isn't worthy of the power entrusted to law enforcement officers.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 01-27-21 at 13:41.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    When I was young it was hard to get on a police force. You had to be 6 ft. tall (a man) .
    Lol what? Dumbest thing I've heard all day

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    MSNBC just said to wear 3 mask!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    MSNBC just said to wear 3 mask!

PUT ON YOUR 3rd MASK NOW OR YOU GET TASED
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Some humans are more flawed than others, and some jobs require those with fewer flaws.

An officer so flawed as to behave as he did, just once, should not be in uniform. Simply isn't worthy of the power entrusted to law enforcement officers.
    I'm honestly trying to figure out what's acceptable and not when it comes to police behavior. I know the video is not showing good behavior, but did what he did break police procedure and would other cops approve? Is that the kind of stuff that get a cop in trouble? Or would a cop say someone like me doesn't know enough to really make a call? Is the distance between us and them and what's proper widening to the point where there is no agreement?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I'm honestly trying to figure out what's acceptable and not when it comes to police behavior. I know the video is not showing good behavior, but did what he did break police procedure and would other cops approve? Is that the kind of stuff that get a cop in trouble? Or would a cop say someone like me doesn't know enough to really make a call? Is the distance between us and them and what's proper widening to the point where there is no agreement?
    I think cops in general should try to do no harm. There really was not an issue till the cop made it an issue. The name of the game going forward in my book is proper training that as tax payers we need to pony up for (most cops get very little training and continued education) and deescalation. There was absolutely no deescalation going on in that clip. Does the guy know the law, is he a danger to those around him? If not why dont you calmly ask him outside and educate him. If that doesn't work there are levels of contingencies.

At the end of the day the role of government in the United States is to protect our freedoms and our rights (I am not naive to the fact that we are so far from that goal and it may be impossible to get back to it but we need to start somewhere) and it should be the role of LEOs to help do that. If your rights are being infringed it is the role of Police to intervene and resolve the issue at hand. Most of the time that can be done with deescalation and education. When it can't, than officer should be properly trained to use the tools he/she has at their disposal to resolve the issue including but not limited to deadly force.

Feedback Score
    I doubt any law enforcement officer would come forward and say that's what they'd do in the same situation, but let's ask. Any LEOs here?
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 01-27-21 at 16:17.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It'd be nice to hear their input or did some cops already react and I just don't remember who are cops here?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    When I was young it was hard to get on a police force. You had to be 6 ft. tall (a man) .

Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Lol what? Dumbest thing I've heard all day

Height requirements used to be a thing in some places.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 01-27-21 at 18:03.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    A wise person once told me, you aren't going to win with a cop on the side of the road...even if you are actually right.
    The catch is in many(maybe most?) areas the victim won't win in court either since the system in those areas won't allow the perpetrator to actually lose.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast