Thread: Anyone use/using Safeco Insurance?

Feedback Score

Anyone use/using Safeco Insurance?

Looking at changing home and auto insurance companies. Got a quote from Safeco but I’m not too familiar with them. Anyone have any positive or negative experiences with them? Changing insurance companies is always such a PITA.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Vaquero View Post
    Looking at changing home and auto insurance companies. Got a quote from Safeco but I’m not too familiar with them. Anyone have any positive or negative experiences with them? Changing insurance companies is always such a PITA.
    Good company.

I've sued insurance companies and their policy holders for 25 years...I would know.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    I just went from MetLife, excellent service but a little pricey, to USAA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Good company.

I've sued insurance companies and their policy holders for 25 years...I would know.
    And I bet the money is to be found in the uninsured/underinsured motorist bodily injury and property damage part of the policy? Business law was one part of my MBA that I focused on, including insurance. Sue for the max limits on the policy depending on whether the State offers stacking or not. Also find out if there is an umbrella policy is in force as well. Most attorneys will tell their client in this State to settle for max liability limits plus the UM coverage. Umbrella at 1 or 2 million dollars is a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    I just went from MetLife, excellent service but a little pricey, to USAA.
    Probably a good move. MetLife's property and casualty business (auto and home) is being bought out by Zurich Financial - parent management company of Farmers Insurance. All those policies will be Farmers policies at some point. Farmers is not known for price stability because they pay their European vampire owner a management fee, whether they're profitable or not.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    We have safeco. My broker recommended them after they offered up to 30% off for doing a plug in recorder to your car for a month. We sat at home and babied the cars and got 18% off on my car and 15% on my wifes. Those things are super sensitive. Made a claim on a roof last year and went with a roofer who got me my deductible, roof and $750 back in my pocket. Insurance sent out a guy that was just going to do the roof for their quote only and no extra work.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    SafeCo is a good company, as far as insurance companies go- that is.

I work with insurance companies on a daily basis and the only ones I would ever give my money to are:
    USAA
    SafeCo
    Traveller’s

I bounce back and forth between SafeCo and Traveller’s depending on who will give me the best deal. I shop them out each year and see who wants to make a deal on the coverage I want/need.

I’m currently with SafeCo for home and Umbrella and Traveller’s for Auto.

Run far and fast from the larger captive companies- anything with “state” or “farm” or “nation” In the name is worth avoiding.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    We have safeco. My broker recommended them after they offered up to 30% off for doing a plug in recorder to your car for a month. We sat at home and babied the cars and got 18% off on my car and 15% on my wifes. Those things are super sensitive. Made a claim on a roof last year and went with a roofer who got me my deductible, roof and $750 back in my pocket. Insurance sent out a guy that was just going to do the roof for their quote only and no extra work.
    Without knowing more about details of the situation you speak- I’d recommend deleting this statement and just keeping that shit to yourself.

It’s essentially an admission of insurance fraud. If your roofer sent the insurance company an invoice requesting release of funds for one amount and then invoiced you for a smaller amount and you went along with it knowingly, putting money in your pocket; wether realizing the fraudulent nature of your endeavor or not- you guys defrauded the insurance carrier together.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the feedback. Good stuff.