Thread: Langdon Tactical 1301 choke question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Langdon Tactical 1301 choke question

Recently ordered and received a LTT 1301 with all the good stuff. Tried it out the other day with a box of birdshot to check cycling, then some 00 buck loads.

Not entirely thrilled with the 00 buck spread past 10 yards. Wondering if a little choke would help.

For comparison my Vang Comp'd 590A1 will hold 7 of 9 pellets on a pie plate at 25 yds. This 1301 is to pie plate or a bit larger by 10-12 yards. At 25 it has completely blown out.

Any experience/experimentation with chokes? Sent LTT an inquiry and all they've said so far is yes chokes will have an effect. I was hoping they had done some testing or would have some recommendations, but I've gotten nothing really useful from them so far.

Yes I know about the Federal Flite Control wads. That's plan B. Finding those loads nowadays is a problem.

So before I waste money and time and ammo running tests I was hoping one of you had done the work and could tell me the answer.

As a side note I am thrilled with the gun otherwise. Just need to figure this part out.
    Last edited by JiminAZ; 01-26-21 at 16:22.