Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Langdon Tactical 1301 choke question

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Go to -

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/ber...xtended-12-ga/

Order yourself the M, LM, IM, IC. Try them all out for yourself and your load of choice. For me and my 1301 using standard Remington 00 buck (green hull) and Range low recoil the IM made a huge difference in pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by JiminAZ View Post
    Sorry to take so long to get back. It came with a cylinder choke which is what I was using. I was firing two loads - Winchester Ranger RA12005 and Remington SP12. Both are 9 pellet loads and while the Remington was inexpensive I'd say neither is a "cheap" load. No discernible difference in performance between the two.

I sent an email to LTT, got a somewhat disappointing email back that said choke will affect pattern. Well duh no foolin'. I think it Ernest had answered I'd have my answer.

Think I'll pony up for an IC choke and see how it does. Fed Flite Control rounds are unobtainable presently.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    Go to -

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/ber...xtended-12-ga/

Order yourself the M, LM, IM, IC. Try them all out for yourself and your load of choice. For me and my 1301 using standard Remington 00 buck (green hull) and Range low recoil the IM made a huge difference in pattern.
    Thanks for sharing your experience - just the sort of info I was looking for.

I am a little surprised you had to go all the way to IM to optimize your results.

As you progressed through tighter chokes was it a steady improvement with each choke, or was there a place where you got a quantum leap improvement?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Thought I'd get back with my results. As davidjinks recommended, IM did the trick. The gun now patterns just the way I need it to. Thanks for all the input.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    IC ok for Slugs?

My LTT comes in on Thursday.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It’s hard to beat the federal flitecontrol wad but those shells are hard to find. I’m going to experiment with different chokes to see if I can get better groupings.

I purchased a Carlson’s extended, non ported, extra full choke (.693) for my 1301 to use on predators at 50-70 yards with smaller buckshot. Mainly #4 and sometimes 0BK. I will not be able to use that choke with slugs but I’ll let you know how it patterns when I shoot it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    I don't love Botach, but i believe they have the Fed Premium 2 3/4" flite control 00 Buck in stock for $10/box. Not a good deal, as these used to be half that price, but looks to be available.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Choke tube update.
    I purchased a few more choke tubes; C, IC, IM, EF
    I patterned several loads with all the different choke tubes and here is what I came up with. Your results will more than likely vary from mine.

EF good for #4 Buck or smaller. Tight patterns at 20 yards with cheap PCM and Rio #4 Anything bigger than #4 opens up quickly and has the donut effect.

IM good with 00 Buck and #1. 00 BK 9 pellet in Estate low brass patterned second best only to flitecontrol. I tried Remington 0 Buck and it patterned poorly. Didn’t matter the choke tube, my gun did not like the Remington. But most of everything patterned well with the IM

IC, both Winchester and Remington 1oz slugs shot very well. Flitecontrol 00 BK 9 pellet did the best out of IC. Seems the more open the choke, the better it performed. It also shot well with the cylinder choke, but Anything tighter than IC caused the flitecontrol to start opening up and have a horizontal spread in a line.

I think my two main chokes will be IC and IM. Just depends if I’m going to shoot a slug or flitecontrol or cheap buckshot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12