Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 14.5" Mega Arms

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Sweet build! I like Mega’s billet receivers for their fit and finish, but they’re a bit on the heavy side. There’s a local shop with a set with a nickel boron finish that I’m half tempted to pick up....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Sweet build! I like Mega’s billet receivers for their fit and finish, but they’re a bit on the heavy side. There’s a local shop with a set with a nickel boron finish that I’m half tempted to pick up....
    Thanks, I had fun putting it together. If you decide you don't want that set, let me know. I've always wanted that set!

I really like the rail that I used but it has flex that I'm not used too. I may switch it out

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

14.5" Mega Arms

Nice looking shooter OP. I was lucky enough to pick up a MEGA arms gator lower from aim surplus a few years back for like $80. I fit it out with a BCM lower parts kit and put a BCM 14.5 complete upper on it. I love that gun. Would have liked to have been able to snagged one of their uppers, but that ship has sailed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tgizzard View Post
    Nice looking shooter OP. I was lucky enough to pick up a MEGA arms gator lower from aim surplus a few years back for like $80. I fit it out with a BCM lower parts kit and put a BCM 14.5 complete upper on it. I love that gun. Would have liked to have been able to snagged one of their uppers, but that ship has sailed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty much, but there is some (slim) hope. Primary Arms was selling billet Mega sets last year. I called ZEV to ask when they would do another run of MEGAs and was told that they found those that were sold on PA. They didn't make a run. She said that if more were found they'd sell them off just like the previous sets.

I check back regularly, it's sad. I have been looking at Centurion Arms sets lately.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfAGunn View Post
    Pretty much, but there is some (slim) hope. Primary Arms was selling billet Mega sets last year. I called ZEV to ask when they would do another run of MEGAs and was told that they found those that were sold on PA. They didn't make a run. She said that if more were found they'd sell them off just like the previous sets.

I check back regularly, it's sad. I have been looking at Centurion Arms sets lately.

That’s good to know, as I was wondering where those Mega receivers came from. The Zev forged receivers are a carbon copy of the Mega Gators, and I’ve used them for multiple builds with excellent results. Zev also manufacturers forged receivers for Noveske, SOLGW, Expo Arms, and JSE Surplus.

Feedback Score
    Can’t go wrong with a colt barrel. They really are the standard.
    I wish Zev would just bring back the line. They were clean.
    I would pay for several sets.
    I have a few small and a few large sets
    Last edited by Rmorris; 02-24-21 at 18:47.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the post/info
    My next build is hopefully Mega.......such a nice, clean, crisp look

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12