Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Do masks really work?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    They really only work if used in conjunction with dark sunglasses, hoodie and gloves, preferably with no logos or other unique identifying characteristics.

I tend to use basic black neck gaiters myself. Are they effective at stopping transmission of Covid? I dunno, but they are effective at keeping the Karens off my back as gaiters fulfill the face-covering requirements. Having a socially acceptable excuse to conceal my identity has actually been kinda nice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I tend to use basic black neck gaiters myself. Are they effective at stopping transmission of Covid? I dunno, but they are effective at keeping the Karens off my back as gaiters fulfill the face-covering requirements. Having a socially acceptable excuse to conceal my identity has actually been kinda nice.
    hahahaha I have been trying to find a merino wool one for the winter that does not make my neck itch funny I can wear it in socks and thermals but they bug my face and neck ?
    so I do have some more synthetic ones that work OK

agree on the points %100 works for the karens it works for I just keep it on me and it works for the sign on the door idiocy

curious what brand you have and if it breathes super easy cause ya know that means its working hahhahaha

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    hahahaha I have been trying to find a merino wool one for the winter that does not make my neck itch funny I can wear it in socks and thermals but they bug my face and neck ?
    so I do have some more synthetic ones that work OK

agree on the points %100 works for the karens it works for I just keep it on me and it works for the sign on the door idiocy

curious what brand you have and if it breathes super easy cause ya know that means its working hahhahaha
    I bought like a six pack of them off Amazon. Just some generic brand IIRC. I usually double it over my nose and mouth when I’m in public, because the material is actually pretty thin. I even bought a couple white ones too for when I want to don my schneetarn and play Simo Häyhä in the woods.

Avoiding other people as much as possible is actually my most important anti-Covid strategy. So I guess I’ve been preparing for Covid my whole life....

Feedback Score
    Yes, they may or may not work. As was mentioned in previous post, the main advantage of concealing your identity is pretty cool, especially with an evil joker or venom gaiter :-)
    Last edited by Evel Baldgui; 01-27-21 at 17:16.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I bought like a six pack of them off Amazon. Just some generic brand IIRC. I usually double it over my nose and mouth when I’m in public, because the material is actually pretty thin. I even bought a couple white ones too for when I want to don my schneetarn and play Simo Häyhä in the woods.

Avoiding other people as much as possible is actually my most important anti-Covid strategy. So I guess I’ve been preparing for Covid my whole life....
    I try to avoid most people even before just to keep my sanity

Feedback Score
    Minnesota has had a statewide mask mandate since late July, it doesn't appear to have any effect on the spread. My unscientific opinion is that it provides a false sense of security because the effectiveness of neck gaiters, disposable paper and craft show masks that people are using are not comparable to N95 masks. Not to mention, people are pigs.

Last edited by Black_Sheep; 01-27-21 at 22:50.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yep. The mask program is silly nonsense. A quality mask could protect, but this charade of cheap chinese and fashion masks is just a way to make stupid people feel safe.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I think masks have the opposite effect as desired. It seems like a lot of people think that wearing a mask is the only preventative measure required.

Andy

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I think masks have the opposite effect as desired. It seems like a lot of people think that wearing a mask is the only preventative measure required.

Andy
    Absolutely Agree. Dumb asses think they're bullet proof and can do anything as long as their chinese mask is in place.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Do masks work?
    Do mask mandates work?

Two entirely different questions.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast