Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Do masks really work?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Feedback Score
    I laugh as I still see a ton of people driving down the road with masks on and they are alone hahahhahah

Or walking their dog with masks on is so common and sad

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Welding masks are great for avoiding retina burns! I have a hard time doing the close my eyes and zap technique.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    I laugh as I still see a ton of people driving down the road with masks on and they are alone hahahhahah

And wearing gloves in their own damn vehicle! Apparently, hand-washing hasn't caught on as expected. Although I have seen vehicles that I wouldn't get in without a Class III entry suit.

Exam gloves are meant for one "touch" and then remove; like you start an IV and then skin them off and wash your hands. How would you like it if your doc gave you a prostate exam, then palpated your lymph nodes in your neck without removing his gloves? Eww!
    Last edited by Joelski; 04-23-21 at 17:20.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post

I used to but after a few times doing it because of convenience and sanity I don't anymore.

I would have to put the mask on to walk out of my office, walk about 20ft then I'd be outside so I'd take it off. Drive 1/2 mile (30 seconds), put it on again to walk into a store for 2 min. Then walk out, take the mask off, drive 30 seconds put the mask on, walk in...walk 20ft to my office, take it the mask off again...

So I would just leave it on

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Arik; 04-23-21 at 20:24.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I used to but after a few times doing it because of convenience and sanity I don't anymore.

I would have to put the mask on to walk out of my office, walk about 20ft then I'd be outside so I'd take it off. Drive 1/2 mile (30 seconds), put it on again to walk into a store for 2 min. Then walk out, take the mask off, drive 30 seconds put the mask on, walk in...walk 20ft to my office, take it the mask off again...

So I would just leave it on

I think a lot of people do/did this. I know I occasionally find myself driving masked, or even better - sitting in my office working away all alone with a mask on.

That being said, at least 10% of the folks you see doing it believe its necessary to protect themselves.

Andy

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I think a lot of people do/did this. I know I occasionally find myself driving masked, or even better - sitting in my office working away all alone with a mask on.

That being said, at least 10% of the folks you see doing it believe its necessary to protect themselves.

Andy
    Yea there's definitely people who wear them to protect themselves from themselves!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Do masks really work?

Touching your face especially with dirty hands is one of the easiest ways to get sick. What do you think a lot of people are doing when they’re putting on masks, constantly adjusting them, and taking them off? Forget where their nasty hands have been.
    Last edited by Waylander; 04-24-21 at 12:38.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    Touching your face especially with dirty hands is one of the easiest ways to get sick. What do you think a lot of people are doing when they’re putting on masks, constantly adjusting them, and taking them off? Forget where their nasty hands have been.
    Just finished eating at a BBQ place and several employees' masks look like the napkins I used while eating.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Just finished eating at a BBQ place and several employees' masks look like the napkins I used while eating.
    I'd rather food workers not wear any mask at all. For sure keeps them from reaching up and touching their face every 10 seconds to adjust the mask.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast