Thread: Do masks really work?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Do masks work?
    Do mask mandates work?

Two entirely different questions.
    With the exact same answer!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    With the exact same answer!
    Mask mandates work better than masks. Forcing people to wear them has been relatively easy. Most major, and small, stores require masks to enter. Some small businesses won't hassle you if you don't but that the exception not the rule. Unless you live in a one horse town or shop online only chances are you're wearing a mask.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Mask mandates work better than masks. Forcing people to wear them has been relatively easy. Most major, and small, stores require masks to enter. Some small businesses won't hassle you if you don't but that the exception not the rule. Unless you live in a one horse town or shop online only chances are you're wearing a mask.

I think that greatly depends on where you live though. Out here in OK, yeah, the big box stores are "mandatory" but rarely enforced.

My local grocery store is about 1/3rd masked, 2/3rds not masked.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    I think that greatly depends on where you live though. Out here in OK, yeah, the big box stores are "mandatory" but rarely enforced.

My local grocery store is about 1/3rd masked, 2/3rds not masked.
    True. Here in South East PA you won't find many unmasked. Not only have people gotten used to it but no one wants to run back and forth to their car. Home Depot used to not say anything and in the summer I've seen one or two people walking around without a mask but someone must have complained because for a while now there's been a "greeter" by the door welcoming you, offering hand sanitizer and obviously observing for masks.

The Wawa (like 711) I stop at every morning for coffee has had an occasional person without a mask. No one says anything and doesn't seem like anyone actually cares. However, a coworker stopped at a different Wawa and happened to forget about the mask. He got screamed at by male Karen!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Areas of NC still largely unmasked, the western parts, and the coast. Recent weekend getaway to the beach, almost no one except hotel desk clerks were wearing masks, and they didn't say squat about it. It seems the further you get out of the urban areas, the less an issue it is.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm sorry, not of these "Orders" hold the legal weight of Law. I have said, I will stand right here without a mask and you go call corporate and ask WTF the Americans with disabilities Act is and what my Attorney will do to you in a courtroom.
    Usually they just step aside.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The very fact that wearing one is no longer enough and we not have to wear two tells you everything you need to know. I just hope these mask Nazis get to a point where they start wearing plastic bags.

Masks are really good at increasing rates of bacterial pneumonia tho. My wife has seen a huge increase in angular cheilitis in her patients which is entirely mask related.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Areas of NC still largely unmasked, the western parts, and the coast. Recent weekend getaway to the beach, almost no one except hotel desk clerks were wearing masks, and they didn't say squat about it. It seems the further you get out of the urban areas, the less an issue it is.
    Only store so far to hassle me was Best Buy in Knightdale.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Ask the boss - his wife's a... "doctor."

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    I'm not so dismissive about the potential effectiveness of wearing a mask.

My wife went to the doctor with an ongoing heart problem. From there she was sent by ambulance to the ER. It was so crowded that the halls were lined with patients on gurneys. I was glad she was wearing a well-fitting N95 mask when she went in to see the doctor and while at the ER.

If it was your wife (presuming you're on good terms haha) wouldn't you prefer she was wearing a protective mask?
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 01-30-21 at 12:47.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast