Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 300blk mule kicking

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Contact Clint with Black River Tactical and get his input. He's a member here.
    https://blackrivertactical.com/WP/Ad...Drive-c6464009

He produces "Adjustable Gas Drive" gas tubes that do work with over-gassed barrels.
    If your barrel is over-gassed, that's the easiest, proper, fix from my experience.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    If I run into over-gass issue I usually swap to an adjustable gas block.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    I would think that changing buffer weights will NOT change the felt recoil that much, if at all.

Yes, the bolt speed will slow down with a heavier buffer. But if you think about it, a heavier buffer would be more weight moving slower, a lighter buffer would be less weight moving faster. Tit for tat = the same felt recoil to the shooter. The bolt has to cycle.

Additionally, realize the buffer and recoil spring will receive their full cycle command through the BCG from expanding gas during the dwell time. You cannot change the dwell time without changing the barrel length. But you can alter the dwell time’s effect with an adjustable gas block or muzzle device.

I would start with a brake to reduce felt recoil. Double up on ear pro
    Energy is related to V^2. Faster moving buffer slamming the back of the tube creates a impact force (mule kick). Slowing it down removes the impact, but not the overall energy, thus it's not a hard mule kick, but more of a heavy push. Just heavy enough to let it cycle good. My buffer at 3oz is probably just too light.
    I will be looking at brakes, but a special setup with a brake, just not there yet.
    Adj gas block as last resort on my list.

Will try buffer 1st and go from there. Always fun trying to fine tune stuff.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Contact Clint with Black River Tactical and get his input. He's a member here.
    https://blackrivertactical.com/WP/Ad...Drive-c6464009

He produces "Adjustable Gas Drive" gas tubes that do work with over-gassed barrels.
    If your barrel is over-gassed, that's the easiest, proper, fix from my experience.
    This is my suggestion. One and done, no messing around with weights to mask the root cause.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DwayneZ View Post
    Green Mtn 16" GM-M27
    Any chance you measured the gas port? Does it cycle subs unsuppressed?

I am also a happy user of BRT EZ Tune gas tubes.
    Last edited by 1168; 01-28-21 at 08:36.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A 16” carbine gas 300 BLK can’t really be over gassed. The gas port is functionally as large as the gas tube. For example a 14.5" with carbine gas will be reliable with some ammo and unreliable with others, so most make them with pistol gas.

Feedback Score
    Now mine is a little different, 8.5" barrel.
    I run a SpringCo White spring and a H2.
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    Another thing too. What stock you using?? Magpul??

might want to check out https://limbsaver.com/collections/firearms-products
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Not to be ugly, but I would start with your shooting form/technique. My 8" 300BLK started with a carbine buffer on a pistol length gas system and no brake, and I wouldn't consider it to be "mule kicking" in any way shape or form. To the point where I can't imagine how anyone would describe it that way?

I ended up with an H3 buffer to slow down the carrier a bit with hot supers, but don't notice much change in felt recoil.

Feedback Score
    I would bet the carrier key is striking the lower.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast