Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 300blk mule kicking

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Any chance you measured the gas port? Does it cycle subs unsuppressed?

I am also a happy user of BRT EZ Tune gas tubes.
    I did not measure it, but their spec is 119-121. Visually it did look like ~1/8".
    I have not shot subs in this rifle, I do not plan to shoot subs in this upper set.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    Another thing too. What stock you using?? Magpul??

might want to check out https://limbsaver.com/collections/firearms-products
    It has a Hogue 15240.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt in TN View Post
    Not to be ugly, but I would start with your shooting form/technique. My 8" 300BLK started with a carbine buffer on a pistol length gas system and no brake, and I wouldn't consider it to be "mule kicking" in any way shape or form. To the point where I can't imagine how anyone would describe it that way?

I ended up with an H3 buffer to slow down the carrier a bit with hot supers, but don't notice much change in felt recoil.
    I am well versed in form & technique, so I don't think it's that.
    My 3006 bolt kicks, but this 300 seems to kick even more than that.

I don't expect overall energy in the bcg to change at all unless I use adj gas block. I think I am just feeling an impact pulse due to light buffer and/or spring. I'll work through tuning it.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DwayneZ View Post
    I am well versed in form & technique, so I don't think it's that.
    My 3006 bolt kicks, but this 300 seems to kick even more than that.

I don't expect overall energy in the bcg to change at all unless I use adj gas block. I think I am just feeling an impact pulse due to light buffer and/or spring. I'll work through tuning it.
    For the hell of it take the gas tube out and rotate the gas block 90 degrees and shoot it. Playing musical buffers/springs won't lessen the recoil you have as a single shot. A good and loud comp will reduce the push/jump but it ain't gonna make it a new rifle.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    For the hell of it take the gas tube out and rotate the gas block 90 degrees and shoot it. Playing musical buffers/springs won't lessen the recoil you have as a single shot.
    I need to try that sometime. I assumed that the BCG and buffer being accelerated back should counter some of the recoil and spread the force over a longer impulse, making it feel softer even if the recoil energy is the same.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    You have to look at it this way... The bullet is out of the barrel before the bolt moves rearward more than a very small fraction of an inch. Gas pressure isn't pushing the bolt and buffer back momentum is. How far does the bolt move rearward before the gas tube is disengaged from the key and the pressure is reduced to zero?? Not far.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That momentum in the BCG and buffer has to be balanced by momentum in the opposite direction, transferred through the bolt face to the rest of the gun, which must reduce the instantaneous rearward velocity of the receiver and stock. The rearward BCG/buffer impulse is then re-imparted over the time that the action spring compresses. Recoil remains the same but it should feel different.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very strange. I've only fired one which was mine. 9" barrel with 0.102" gas port, basic carbine spring, H3 buffer. 125 and 144 supers. For me and a couple of buddies, we all felt it actually shot softer than several of our 5.56s (carbines / pistols) with basic ammo. The guy I sold it to weeks ago felt the same. He came over and fired a few and was near giddy with how soft it was. I just figured that's how they are; evidently not all. Hope you get it squared away.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    Very strange. I've only fired one which was mine. 9" barrel with 0.102" gas port, basic carbine spring, H3 buffer. 125 and 144 supers. For me and a couple of buddies, we all felt it actually shot softer than several of our 5.56s (carbines / pistols) with basic ammo. The guy I sold it to weeks ago felt the same. He came over and fired a few and was near giddy with how soft it was. I just figured that's how they are; evidently not all. Hope you get it squared away.
    Well, my 1st initial issue on this 300blk was a misaligned gas block. It was cycling light and 1 in 4 would not strip a new round. Bore scope w/ 45 mirror showed me the gas block was not aligned. Re-aligned gas block and it began to kick hard. The M27 barrel has a huge 120 gas port.

If your block is misaligned a smidge then perhaps that's the reason why your recoil appears light?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That sure sounds like it is over-gassed to me. Get one of these? https://blackrivertactical.com/WP/Ad...Drive-c6464009

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast