Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: NAVY SEAL WHO MURDERED GREEN BERET LOGAN MELGAR IS SENTENCED TO TEN YEARS

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Spec ops troops, like police, do dangerous work on our behalf, things that we can't do for ourselves. When they commit serious crimes, most of society is prepared to give them a break. Maybe this is correct. If a Seal or a policeman wants to augment his already low pay, who are we to complain? You don't see the rest of us fast roping out of helicopters in al Qaeda territory, or raiding stash houses in the middle of the night.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Spec ops troops, like police, do dangerous work on our behalf, things that we can't do for ourselves. When they commit serious crimes, most of society is prepared to give them a break. Maybe this is correct. If a Seal or a policeman wants to augment his already low pay, who are we to complain? You don't see the rest of us fast roping out of helicopters in al Qaeda territory, or raiding stash houses in the middle of the night.
    "When they commit serious crimes, most of society is prepared to give them a break." Think about that. That is about 180 degrees from truth as it can get. If they commit crimes, serious or jaywalking, they are to be held accountable like every other person. It is that very assumption in their minds that allow the behavior to perpetuate. If they want to augment his already low pay by stealing, I am absolutely going to hammer him. Ethics and morality and following the law do not get a pass because you're in a hard job. If they want to augment their pay, write a damn book like every other SEAL and guest appear on Fox & Friends; or, become a contractor or work for SAD.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    "When they commit serious crimes, most of society is prepared to give them a break." Think about that. That is about 180 degrees from truth as it can get. If they commit crimes, serious or jaywalking, they are to be held accountable like every other person. It is that very assumption in their minds that allow the behavior to perpetuate. If they want to augment his already low pay by stealing, I am absolutely going to hammer him. Ethics and morality and following the law do not get a pass because you're in a hard job. If they want to augment their pay, write a damn book like every other SEAL and guest appear on Fox & Friends; or, become a contractor or work for SAD.
    Agreed. "I can steal, and murder people who rat me out, because I'm paid too low to risk my life for a government that shits on me," is no different than "I can loot stores because my ancestors were held as slaves and the cops pick on me," or "I can rape girls and shoot up schools because nature cursed me with an ugly face and no social skills." The government, and the world in general, pisses and shits on people. But that doesn't mean that anybody gets a pass to engage in illegal and antisocial behavior.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    “Be careful hunting monsters, lest you become one yourself, for when you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares into you”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    NO! They don't get a pass for serious crimes, that's called injustice. What they should get is a thorough, just and impartial (if possible) investigation into any allege wrong doing. Those that have been given much (power and authority), much is expected of them.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Geez dude. No......

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    That's how you end up with a SEAL murdering a Green Beret and shit like the Rampart Scandel. Good plan.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    That's how you end up with a SEAL murdering a Green Beret and shit like the Rampart Scandel. Good plan.
    When will people realize that he isn't trolling. Hes actually that mentally deficient.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Oh my, if anything more harsh for numerous reasons. PSA--crack is bad for you boys
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)

NAVY SEAL WHO MURDERED GREEN BERET LOGAN MELGAR IS SENTENCED TO TEN YEARS

Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    I should clarify, I don't believe that every SEAL is like this. I have a friend from high school who is a former SEAL, and he's a quiet, humble, good quality guy. I've met a few other SEALs who were also very good people as well. Most of the ones I know personally would like to rip the tridents off the bad eggs, and would just love for the ones writing the books to knock it the f**k off. But there is that subculture of hard partying, fast living guys in the Teams and clearly, it's a big enough one to have caused numerous problems. Hopefully they can get that problem under control.
    The only SEAL I met that I liked was Kyle Defoor. Good dude, great teacher. Every other SEAL I’ve met over the years, you knew in less than 30 seconds they were SEALs. Not a fan generally speaking. Maybe I just had the bad luck to run into the douche bags. Idk. I’ll just hang out behind the fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast