Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: NAVY SEAL WHO MURDERED GREEN BERET LOGAN MELGAR IS SENTENCED TO TEN YEARS

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    When will people realize that he isn't trolling. Hes actually that mentally deficient.
    I don't think he's mentally deficient, but I do think a lot of people put specwar guys on a mantle and worship them and think that simply because they wear a funny hat or went to BUDS they get a pass because 'hero.'

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    The only SEAL I met that I liked was Kyle Defoor. Good dude, great teacher. Every other SEAL I’ve met over the years, you knew in less than 30 seconds they were SEALs. Not a fan generally speaking. Maybe I just had the bad luck to run into the douche bags. Idk. I’ll just hang out behind the fence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    As a group they really aren't 'silent professionals.' That old joke, 'a SEAL, a crossfitter, and a vegan walk into a bar...how do you know? They tell you.'

Kyle is a great guy, and most of them are. But even a lot of them who are great guys wear their SEALness out there live. On a couple deployments our (recon) platoon was married to a SEAL platoon, and in workups we thought there would be ego-driven chest-thumping, but it actually worked out really, really well. Funny enough, at the time we were the experts on VBSS (outside of ST6/DEVGRU) and small unit tactics, and they were more the SMEs on demo and OTB ops, and we had a very collaborative relationship. That said, some SEAL platoons in Iraq were just filled with douchebags. Again, it's a leadership thing, and those PLs and platoon chiefs didn't do anything to keep their behavior in check.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    The only SEAL I met that I liked was Kyle Defoor. Good dude, great teacher. Every other SEAL I’ve met over the years, you knew in less than 30 seconds they were SEALs. Not a fan generally speaking. Maybe I just had the bad luck to run into the douche bags. Idk. I’ll just hang out behind the fence.

I haven't met too many SEALs. But the one I know, and that we were actually friends before he was a SEAL, is a great guy, and being a SEAL didn't change him. He left the Teams after he got married and he didn't want to subject his wife to that lifestyle. The other ones I've met ranged from "douchey but likeable" to genuinely good guys.

But what IS telling is that many guys from other combat units, both conventional and SOF, have some pretty negative things to say about the SEALs. One of my former co-workers saw heavy combat with the 82nd in Iraq and did a lot of missions in support of SOF units, as well as training with them stateside. He said the SF guys he worked with were his favorite, and he wanted to go for SF, but he was medically retired due to knee problems. He said Rangers were "uptight, but really good at what they did," Delta was scary good and "cool as hell". SEALs? He said they were pricks and had huge egos, which he said was laughable as he said they were useless when firefights bogged down into standard infantry engagements, and no better than any other SOF unit in any other land based special operation.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    I haven't met too many SEALs. But the one I know, and that we were actually friends before he was a SEAL, is a great guy, and being a SEAL didn't change him. He left the Teams after he got married and he didn't want to subject his wife to that lifestyle. The other ones I've met ranged from "douchey but likeable" to genuinely good guys.

But what IS telling is that many guys from other combat units, both conventional and SOF, have some pretty negative things to say about the SEALs. One of my former co-workers saw heavy combat with the 82nd in Iraq and did a lot of missions in support of SOF units, as well as training with them stateside. He said the SF guys he worked with were his favorite, and he wanted to go for SF, but he was medically retired due to knee problems. He said Rangers were "uptight, but really good at what they did," Delta was scary good and "cool as hell". SEALs? He said they were pricks and had huge egos, which he said was laughable as he said they were useless when firefights bogged down into standard infantry engagements, and no better than any other SOF unit in any other land based special operation.
    I have a friend who is a medically retired Marine Raider. Got out last year. He hates SEALs as much as I do for many of the same reasons. He absolutely HATED going on missions with them. Said he’s rather be out with ANA because at least they listened.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Agreed. "I can steal, and murder people who rat me out, because I'm paid too low to risk my life for a government that shits on me," is no different than "I can loot stores because my ancestors were held as slaves and the cops pick on me," or "I can rape girls and shoot up schools because nature cursed me with an ugly face and no social skills." The government, and the world in general, pisses and shits on people. But that doesn't mean that anybody gets a pass to engage in illegal and antisocial behavior.
    No troll.

The difference is, the looters and the losers ain't jumping out of helicopters among people who would skin them alive, nor are they raiding dope houses guarded by crooks with AKs.

When we are doing those things, then we can judge those who do them.

Couple of years ago, a young city policeman shoplifted a box of ammo. If it had been my place, I'd have let him take it. But no, they called the sheriff. And when the sheriff arrived, they arrested him. If I had been the sheriff, I'd have exercised some discretion. Net result, a career ruined for a $20 box of ammo. Would the store owner/ manager risk his life arresting gang members? Doubt it. So if a guy wants a box of ammo, why not just let it go?

I caught some m4c flak a while back over the deputy who waited outside and called for backup in the Parkland shooting. People heaped scorn on him. How many people, really, would trade their life for a bunch of high school kids?

Right now there are HPD officers under indictment. For what? They raided a house with a search warrant for drugs. They found drugs. Homeowner shot at them and they shot him. There were some kind of irregularities in the warrant and one of them cheated on his overtime pay. So you have 2 officers with decades of busting dope peddlers now in trouble for small things that have been blown out of proportion by local politicians.

You didn't see me caving in that door and dodging bullets.

Maybe i am a "retard." But maybe in some sense it's proper to overlook some small things for people who do dangerous things on our behalf. Nobody's perfect.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Small things count. They are usually an indicator of something inside a guy that's just a bit off kilter.
    I hear you about a career being thrown away, it is a shame, but is that guy really happy with his career if he is willing to risk it for a box of ammo? I dunno, but from experience if someone is trying to commit career Hari Kari, little things like this pop up first as indicators.

No matter how stressful and life sucking some of these jobs are, you just have to commit yourself to toeing the line.
    I found it rather reassuring that the standards were tough, it was nice to work with people who could uphold them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Couple of years ago, a young city policeman shoplifted a box of ammo. If it had been my place, I'd have let him take it. But no, they called the sheriff. And when the sheriff arrived, they arrested him. If I had been the sheriff, I'd have exercised some discretion. Net result, a career ruined for a $20 box of ammo. Would the store owner/ manager risk his life arresting gang members? Doubt it. So if a guy wants a box of ammo, why not just let it go?

How is he any different than a common criminal then?

Theft is theft. If we allow the idiot to steal small stuff should we allow all people to steal small stuff?

Read a story this morning about another store closing due to constant and daily shoplifting. They threw in the towel because the system was not doing enough to stop the crime and they have had enough...

That is what happens when too many idiots look the other way and do not enforce the laws. Criminals become emboldened, the crime INCREASES and stores leave.

The more of your posts I read the more I realize your brain is not in the right place.

There is a saying about how it only takes one bad egg to ruin an omelette. People with views such as yours ARE the 'bad eggs' screwing up the omelette for everyone.

Feedback Score
    No troll.

The difference is, the looters and the losers ain't jumping out of helicopters among people who would skin them alive, nor are they raiding dope houses guarded by crooks with AKs.

When we are doing those things, then we can judge those who do them.
    There's a difference between judging how one does their job without knowing yourself how it should be done, and judging one's moral behavior. This wasn't a case of somebody making a split second decision in combat and getting hung out to dry for it. These SEALs committed theft, and then murdered a brother in arms. I don't need to go through BUD/S or the Q-Course to know that what they did was wrong.

He who can't be trusted with little can't be trusted with much. That cop violated the shop owner's rights. He stole from a citizen he was charged with protecting. You think a guy who does that would have any compunctions about planting drugs on somebody he didn't like? Or lying to a judge about the danger someone posed in order to get their guns taken away? Or forcing a girl to suck his dick to avoid a made up charge?

Integrity is absolutely E V E R Y T H I N G in law enforcement. And for the record, since your standard is that you can't judge a guy for anything unless you've done his job, in this case, I can tell you, I'm directly qualified to make a judgment on this turd of a cop. If I were the sheriff, I would have exercised discretion too: I would chose to nail that thief to the wall for being yet another stain on the badge.

I caught some m4c flak a while back over the deputy who waited outside and called for backup in the Parkland shooting. People heaped scorn on him. How many people, really, would trade their life for a bunch of high school kids?
    Anybody who cares about their fellow human beings. If you're not willing to risk your life to save others incapable of saving themselves, then why become a cop??

Right now there are HPD officers under indictment. For what? They raided a house with a search warrant for drugs. They found drugs. Homeowner shot at them and they shot him. There were some kind of irregularities in the warrant and one of them cheated on his overtime pay. So you have 2 officers with decades of busting dope peddlers now in trouble for small things that have been blown out of proportion by local politicians.

You didn't see me caving in that door and dodging bullets.

Maybe i am a "retard." But maybe in some sense it's proper to overlook some small things for people who do dangerous things on our behalf. Nobody's perfect.
    I can't tell if you lack a conscience or if you genuinely don't have the discretion to understand what "small things" are. Calling a suspect an asshole when your policy says no swearing at suspects? That's a "small" thing that can be overlooked. Stealing from a shopowner is not "small". Lying on a warrant is not "small". Stealing from a fund that was being used for the mission and then killing the guy who reported it? If you think that's small, that's scary!
    Last edited by BoringGuy45; 03-06-21 at 07:41.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

You are overlooking the fact that no one forces them to do those jobs. It's not indentured servitude, they freely chose to go into that line work. If they don't like it for whatever reason, they are free to seek employment elsewhere.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's razor

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    There's a difference between judging how one does their job without knowing yourself how it should be done, and judging one's moral behavior. This wasn't a case of somebody making a split second decision in combat and getting hung out to dry for it. These SEALs committed theft, and then murdered a brother in arms. I don't need to go through BUD/S or the Q-Course to know that what they did was wrong.

He who can't be trusted with little can't be trusted with much. That cop violated the shop owner's rights. He stole from a citizen he was charged with protecting. You think a guy who does that would have any compunctions about planting drugs on somebody he didn't like? Or lying to a judge about the danger someone posed in order to get their guns taken away? Or forcing a girl to suck his dick to avoid a made up charge?

Integrity is absolutely E V E R Y T H I N G in law enforcement. And for the record, since your standard is that you can't judge a guy for anything unless you've done his job, in this case, I can tell you, I'm directly qualified to make a judgment on this turd of a cop. If I were the sheriff, I would have exercised discretion too: I would chose to nail that thief to the wall for being yet another stain on the badge.

Anybody who cares about their fellow human beings. If you're not willing to risk your life to save others incapable of saving themselves, then why become a cop??

I can't tell if you lack a conscience or if you genuinely don't have the discretion to understand what "small things" are. Calling a suspect an asshole when your policy says no swearing at suspects? That's a "small" thing that can be overlooked. Stealing from a shopowner is not "small". Lying on a warrant is not "small". Stealing from a fund that was being used for the mission and then killing the guy who reported it? If you think that's small, that's scary!
    Thank you. Good way to put it.

Honor is EVERYTHING.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast