Thread: Magazine release

Feedback Score

Magazine release

I’m completing an AR-15 pistol build. The magazine release is installed and releases the magazine but the mag does not drop free. It has to be pulled out. What did I do wrong and how do I correct it? Thank you for sharing your expertise.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You might have the magazine release button screwed on too tight. Try pushing it in and turning the magazine catch a revolution or two. Also this section is for actual completed rifles.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    This doesn't belong in the Custom Build Forum.

Does the mag drop free without the catch installed?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    You might have the magazine release button screwed on too tight. Try pushing it in and turning the magazine catch a revolution or two. Also this section is for actual completed rifles.
    Bingo. Loosen it by winding it counterclockwise. Check youtube vids.

Feedback Score
    What mags are you using?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    This doesn't belong in the Custom Build Forum.
    Does the mag drop free without the catch installed?
    Thanks for the help. Maybe I should have been clearer, it’s a custom AR 5.56 pistol build, with the exception that the magazine release is not working properly it’s finished. But to me it’s not completed if it’s half assed. Completed would mean it works at intended. So I thought I was in the right place. If not my apologies. The moderators are free to make call and leave it here or move it to the correct forum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    Bingo. Loosen it by winding it counterclockwise. Check youtube vids.
    Thank you I’ll do that. I tried YouTube but could only find how to, not any if you screw it up. Wish there were than I would not have publicly announce I’m a dumb ass, that screwed up a simple build
    Quote Originally Posted by GHMann View Post
    What mags are you using?
    I’m using P-Mags, they’re always worked so I never bought anything else. Pick up a few here and there when they are cheap.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    Thanks for the help. Maybe I should have been clearer, it’s a custom AR 5.56 pistol build, with the exception that the magazine release is not working properly it’s finished. But to me it’s not completed if it’s half assed. Completed would mean it works at intended. So I thought I was in the right place. If not my apologies. The moderators are free to make call and leave it here or move it to the correct forum.
    Just for clarity, the other comment is related to the purpose of this specific forum section title.
    see https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...Build-AR-Forum

You posted an issue you have with a mag release.

P-mags? Well, try some Lancer mags, tell us how much better you like the Lancer mags.
    Last edited by DwayneZ; 02-07-21 at 08:19.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Been a member since 2010 = should know to read the stickied threads: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...Build-AR-Forum

Center of gravity is the component, bit the build, so it doesn’t go in Custom.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    See if the end of your triggerguard is impinging on the mag. Seen that once.

Otherwise, see if it drops without mag release installed. If not, you have a right magwell. Which could be relieved if necessary.