I really shouldn’t like it.

It is heavy. Even empty it weighs more than a fully loaded polymer gun.

It only has 10+1 capacity (with an extended mag).

The grip with a 10rd extended mag is longer than the grip on an M9 with a 20rd extended mag.

It isn’t modular. In fact, I had to search just to find a Custom 1911 that accepted a light.

It’s a BEAR just to get the slide off (I actually need a tool because the bushing/barrel/slide fit is so tight) and extremely complicated by modern standards to completely disassemble.

It was expensive. I bought it used and still could’ve bought five Glock 19s for the same price. Or nightvision. Or an SR15. Or an ATV.

So why is it my favorite handgun? Why did I buy multiple cases of .45 ACP at gouging-level prices so I can continue shooting it? Why do I shoot it every chance I get? Why do I sit at my desk and play with it when I don’t get that chance? Why do I have multiple sets of Cocobolo grips? Why is shooting this at steel more fun than shooting another handgun at steel? Why can’t I shoot it worse than a 100-3x at a 25y B8? Why do all the old guys at the range give me that look of “Wise choice, young man...” when I bring it out? Why do I like it even though my friends say I should put it on bread with peanut butter (Jam joke - even though it runs flawlessly)

None of this makes any sense...