Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Can someone tell me why I like my SA Custom Shop FBI Professional so much?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No I'm not the Dave Williams from SACS.

The FBI Agent also told me the handgun is only a secondary gun for SWAT, and is only brought out for transitions from the carbine, and the 1911 is seen as complicated under those circumstances due to having to swipe off the thumb safety.

I personally switched to 1911 full time just over a year ago. Love it. GRP Recon.

Ultimately though it doesn't matter what gun you use, it's the Indian, not the arrow.

Feedback Score
    Seldom in life does only one thing matter. If utility were all that mattered, the world would look very different.

Why do you love your Pro, Euro? Because you’re human.
    Last edited by QuadBomb; 06-28-21 at 20:10.

Feedback Score
    I wanted a Pro enough that I put myself on the waitlist for one when it was 3 years long. When after 32 months of waiting it was coming close to my turn, I contacted SACS to check status, and they replied with "We called you to let you know your pistol was ready and you did not respond, so your chance has passed". I checked my cell phone records for any call from SACS, and there was none. When I proved that to them, they said "Oh, our mistake. Did you know the price went up? We'll sell you one at the new price (HUNDREDS of dollars more), not at the price we agreed to 32 months ago." I declined that generous offer and sent Deb (the woman with whom I had placed my original offer) an e-mail letting her know how disappointed I was with SACS business practices. I had 7 SA 1911s at that point and got rid of all but one.

I took the money and ordered a custom DW Silverback:

And spent a little more and got a LB Custom Carry Commanche:

But nowadays I carry this ACW Prime finished in polished DLC:

I think the love for 1911s is not necessarily brand dependent but has more to do with how any given 1911 feels in the hand. I had a Kimber Eclipse that I bought in 2006 that I put 14K rounds through before my son asked for it as his graduation gift. I had seriously bonded with that pistol and spent years looking for another that had the same connection for me. After all of the 1911s I have owned, nothing has done it for me like the ACW has. It simply is the best I have ever owned, and it finally stopped me from always looking for another 1911. It will save me a lot of money in the long run.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456