Thread: Inconclusive Background....Form 1 rejection

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Inconclusive Background....Form 1 rejection

Anyone have any experience with this? What’s my next step? I’m not a felon, have my cwp, and have conducted multiple ffl transfers while the atf had my form 1 application.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajyaros View Post
    Anyone have any experience with this? What’s my next step? I’m not a felon, have my cwp, and have conducted multiple ffl transfers while the atf had my form 1 application.
    I'm far from an expert on these things, and don't own any NFA items, but just from the reading of the letter, I would say that your next step is to contact the FBI's Biometric Services Section.

In doing a little internet research, it seems that "Open" is usually what gets you a delay when purchasing a firearm at a local FFL. In my purchases, I've had that happen to me once, and it was after I had to have a criminal background check for certain professional licencing. Because my NICS report had been pulled so recently for my professional licence, when I went to purchase a firearm, the FBI gave me a delay. I guess they don't know why my criminal background was accessed, so in an abundance of caution, they return an "Open" status. Meaning there is a possibility I was just arrested, and the arrest hasn't hit NICS yet. Did you recently undergo another criminal background check recently, maybe for work?

Feedback Score
    Sorry I can't help, but I don't think they could be a bit more vague if they tried. They could have just said you're denied, we're not telling why and you're on your own. And these are the people who are supposed to be protecting our freedoms?

Feedback Score
    Get an attorney to follow up on it on your behalf.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis