Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New Project completed 7.62x39

Feedback Score
    Agreed. 7.62x39 is, for me, a nicer round to send down range. It also helps that I don't feel that I am spending money with every shot the way I do with 5.56mm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by UTShooter71 View Post
    Hola,

I titled this a new project but all I did was buy a complete upper and swap out a few parts on an existing lower. The complete upper came from Bear Creek Arsenal. The lower is Sharps Rifle Co., the lower parts kit is PSA. Since it is 7.62x39 I have two ASC mags (a 5 and a 20). The sights and hand-stop are UTG. The dot sight is a Sight Mark Ultra-shot R-Spec. The red rail section is by Gotical (Amazon brand). I have a light for it but my handguard is M-Lok and the light mount is Key-Mod. I have a (red) M-Lok/Key-Mod adapter coming that is also Gotical. A QD (red) sling mount, red/black 550 cord sling and a Sight Mark T-3 magnifier are on the list when I get paid. I 500 rounds of Golden Tiger 123 grain ball and want to get to the range but this being 7.62 I have questions that I hope the forum can help out with.

-I am planning on a 50 yard zero. With this in mind what would the expected point of impact be at 100, 150 or 200 yards?
    -Is there a better zero range that provides little deviation from point of aim/point of impact within 50 yards?
    -How wet/dry should I run a 7.62 upper. My 5.56 AR's like a thin coat to run.
    -Are there any, down the road, useful mods? I have heard that there is an enhanced firing pin that is beneficial, as well as a stronger hammer spring.

GraciasAttachment 65046
    I'm a little late to the party on this one, but I do have to admit, that is one tasty looking rifle.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMarine View Post
    50 yard zero. 100 yard target with 6 o'clock hold.

This tracks pretty close to the ballistic calculator. Up 1" at 100, about 4" low at 200, 19" low at 300.
    what app are you using?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    have about 900 rounds downrange with my BCA upper using Tula and not a single hiccup that was not me riding the trigger trying to familiarize myself with the reset. Pretty impressed with my BCA upper. I use duramags and aero lower. My only regret thus far is not cutting down the barrel but the side charger is nice. Zero'd at 100 and used the burris online tool to dope it to 300

Feedback Score
    My BCA 10.5" has been flawless over 300 rounds and reliably hit steel out to 160m. I zeroed at 50m/100m using 2100fps and .28 g1 for Barnaul 123gr fmj. Got under 2" group @ 50m with the PA rds. I didn't have my glasses and at low light 17:00 I could barely even see the 66% steel silhouette but still hit pretty easily holding on the top third. I'm thinking I may adjust zero to 30m/150m to give a wider useful window - 2" high @100, 6" low @200.

I shoot it better than my sam7 with rds. The larue mbt1s is definitely better than the akt.

Feedback Score
    I bought one of BCA's 7.62x39 complete uppers last week, I got the rear charge slick side heavy barrel. I paid $225 on sale (reg $250) and I had it in a few days. So far so good as it has ran perfectly on my PSA lower with both brass and steel case ammo, actually the steel produced better accuracy? I'm running an H2 buffer and a blue Springco buffer spring and recoil is quite manageable, but I would like to try an H3 buffer and see if it makes any difference. I'm using Duramag C mags and they function well in this setup. I have several other AR's in 5.56 so this is my first venture into an AR-762 and so far I really like it.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    I am running 6.1oz buffers in all 3 47's. They are all mid length. Your BCA is carbine length gas. They hit harder than a mid. I have 3 Radical 16" uppers on order from the assholes at Optics Planet. They are carbine gas, nitrided. I may cancel the order. Tired of their bullshit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Unit59 View Post
    I'm running an H2 buffer and a blue Springco buffer spring and recoil is quite manageable, but I would like to try an H3 buffer and see if it makes any difference.
    Rather than felt recoil, I think you should go by the spent case ejection distance. If they're going no more than 15', you probably don't want to go to a heavier buffer.

I'm using Duramag C mags and they function well in this setup.
    Try an RZE Unimag. 25 7.62x39 cartridges fit and they've worked great for me.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    I have read a .308 spring works good. I have a few, never tried them.

Feedback Score
    Well it's ejecting right at 4'oclock about 8 ft away, guess I shouldn't mess with it. I'm going to shoot it a bit more and see how she does before I add anything else.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast