Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Project completed 7.62x39

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I'd try both a 25 and 50 yard zero and figure out your DOPE. Then choose something that tickles your fancy based on your planned needs. Maybe a 36 yard zero, who knows, only you can make you spot on.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    My build gun like the c products mags best because the run flawlessly. I tried the heavy hammer spring but it made the trigger way too hard to pull, so I went to the enhanced firing pin & that took care of my FTF problems.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 545Warman View Post
    My build gun like the c products mags best because the run flawlessly. I tried the heavy hammer spring but it made the trigger way too hard to pull, so I went to the enhanced firing pin & that took care of my FTF problems.
    Have you modified your C Product/Duramags or you have left them as you got them?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    Have you modified your C Product/Duramags or you have left them as you got them?
    I didn't have to touch them, they worked just right from the first shot.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The new Duramags do not require any modification whatsoever. They are extremely reliable magazines.
    You are a genuine toolbag if you have your EDC "loadout" in your signature line...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    The new Duramags do not require any modification whatsoever. They are extremely reliable magazines.
    That is good to hear. I had to modify a few of my C-Product 30 rd mags to get them to consistently feed ammo, including bending up the top feed lips a little bit.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    That is good to hear. I had to modify a few of my C-Product 30 rd mags to get them to consistently feed ammo, including bending up the top feed lips a little bit.
    My C product has always been 100%. Now they are called Duramag. Back in the early days ASC made the first C's on contract. However their quality sucked. So they built their own and dumped ASC.

Feedback Score
    I finally made it to the range. I put about 50 rounds through it. I didn't bring a lot of ammo as my goal was just to get a zero, try out all of my mags and basically run the gun. I zeroed quickly and easily with the Sight Mark sight and MBUS. I had one round fail to go off but looking at the primer, it had a nice dent in it so I think the round was bad (steel case Tula). The three mags I have now all functioned great. The only thing I would want to do now is add a red anodized charging handle and the para cord sling in red and black. Otherwise I now appear to have a decent 7.62x39 rifle to go with my 5.56 rifle.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Good deal! Sounded like a fun run

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I run an enhanced firing pin, C-Product mags off lower w/ Geiselle SSA-E trigger and all is well; sub MOA using good PMC softpoint, 1-MOA a/ bulk milsurp it likes. Oh and I run it wet as per Glenn Zediker’s guidance for what and where.

I did add JP Enterprises adjustable gasblock & if I setup an 18” trash can over my right shoulder (note I am LH’d), all the empty brass would land right in that bucket ... heck, ‘grouping’ there much better than some AKs out of the muzzle.
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast