Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Project completed 7.62x39

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Duplicate ... fat fingers ...
    Last edited by Lefty223; 05-18-21 at 07:29.
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!

Feedback Score
    Took my new build to the range over the weekend to do a function check and get it zeroed in. I have 2 of the Ross mags, 1 ASC and 1 C-Products (both the 30 rounders.) 1 of the Ross and the ASC and the C-Products ran perfect and locked open on last round. One of the Ross mags, while it fed fine, literally had to be muscled into the mag well and forcibly yanked out. Something is obviously out of spec on that one mag as the other one ran perfectly. I shot them an email so let's see what they say.

Feedback Score
    Ross emailed me back today and have already put a replacement mag in the mail. Just FYI to anyone following along.

Feedback Score
    I'm curious about the outside dimensions of the RZE Unimag that fits too tightly. I had that issue with the first batch, but that was many years ago. All I've purchased since have been good. Do it have a silver floor plate? Any dates on the magazine body or floor plate?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I'm curious about the outside dimensions of the RZE Unimag that fits too tightly. I had that issue with the first batch, but that was many years ago. All I've purchased since have been good. Do it have a silver floor plate? Any dates on the magazine body or floor plate?
    Both have the silver floor plate with manufacture dates of 05-16-18. Red/yellow followers. I cannot see any visible difference in the outside diameters. I can see some differences in how the sheet metal was formed on the back spine where it wraps around the follower guide channel. Its just every so slightly flared at the top on one vs the other. But it may just be enough for it to hang up inside the magwell. I am going to give it a love tap with a hammer in that area and see if I can resolve the issue. Once loaded and in the magwell both of them functioned flawlessly. Fed all 25 rounds and held open on the last round.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    Both have the silver floor plate with manufacture dates of 05-16-18. Red/yellow followers. I cannot see any visible difference in the outside diameters. I can see some differences in how the sheet metal was formed on the back spine where it wraps around the follower guide channel. Its just every so slightly flared at the top on one vs the other. But it may just be enough for it to hang up inside the magwell. I am going to give it a love tap with a hammer in that area and see if I can resolve the issue. Once loaded and in the magwell both of them functioned flawlessly. Fed all 25 rounds and held open on the last round.
    I have over a dozen of the RZE mags. I use them for 6.5 Grendel and 7.62x39. The mags are TIGHT when loaded in my LMT lower, but fit fine in my Mega lowers. I'm guessing the Mega magwells are more generously sized and the LMT is straight mil spec. So, I just use my Mega lowers for 6.5G and 7.62x39 and my LMT for 5.56.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    I have over a dozen of the RZE mags. I use them for 6.5 Grendel and 7.62x39. The mags are TIGHT when loaded in my LMT lower, but fit fine in my Mega lowers. I'm guessing the Mega magwells are more generously sized and the LMT is straight mil spec. So, I just use my Mega lowers for 6.5G and 7.62x39 and my LMT for 5.56.
    Good to know. The one that is sticking definitely is much worse when loaded. Even if only 3 or 4 rounds. The other one is fine both unloaded and loaded. All my lowers are Spike's (and one BAD) so not much of a sample size across manufacturers for me to test it out on. I have no issues buying more of them. Especially given their great customer support. And at $20 a mag they are a bargain.

Feedback Score
    Late update. Rifle is one of my favorite to shoot. I have hit the 360 round mark and besides one bad/dud round, no issues. Who knew 7.62x39 in an AR platform would be such a hoot to own and shoot. I have done nothing to it really. It is a BCA 16" complete upper (standard charging handle, not side charging) on a Sharps lower with generic internals. The only thing flashy about it is the red anodized buffer tube and some red parts. I have only shot C mags. I have four x20, 1 x5 (hunting?) and 1 x30.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    It is a happy feeling. I have little to no need for an AK. Nice thing is you can tune the recoil on these AR's.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by UTShooter71 View Post
    Late update. Rifle is one of my favorite to shoot. I have hit the 360 round mark and besides one bad/dud round, no issues. Who knew 7.62x39 in an AR platform would be such a hoot to own and shoot. I have done nothing to it really. It is a BCA 16" complete upper (standard charging handle, not side charging) on a Sharps lower with generic internals. The only thing flashy about it is the red anodized buffer tube and some red parts. I have only shot C mags. I have four x20, 1 x5 (hunting?) and 1 x30.
    they are a blast. I had sold mine a while back but jent back in. ordered a BCA side charging x39 upper and will swap out the rail and mating to a lower. these are probably my favorite ARs to shoot, something about the commie round!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast