Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nfa removal question.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Nfa removal question.

I have never removed an nfa item before. I have researched for hrs and i came up with i have to send a letter saying its no longer a sbr. I do not have to wait for letter response. Tax stamp is non refundable. Is this accurate or am i missing a step?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    I have never removed an nfa item before. I have researched for hrs and i came up with i have to send a letter saying its no longer a sbr. I do not have to wait for letter response. Tax stamp is non refundable. Is this accurate or am i missing a step?

I believe there is a form and I suspect you have to surrender the tax stamp...but I could be wrong.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It probably depends on the item. If it’s an SBR, just return it to a 16” configuration and don’t think twice.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestardiver View Post
    I believe there is a form and I suspect you have to surrender the tax stamp...but I could be wrong.
    I have the form filled out and mailing tomorrow

Last edited by TacticalFun; 01-31-21 at 17:20.
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    It probably depends on the item. If it’s an SBR, just return it to a 16” configuration and don’t think twice.
    Thats what i thought. Its a mcx and i can just put the 16" barrel back

Last edited by TacticalFun; 01-31-21 at 16:48.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalFun View Post
    Thats what i thought. Ita a mcx and i can just put the 16" barrel back

I mean, I guess you could go through the trouble to not have your name on any paperwork in possession of the ATF.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Even if you return it to 16” barrel, the receiver and its serial number remain in the NFA database.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The real question is why?
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ggammell View Post
    The real question is why?
    I hate the mcx

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I mean, I guess you could go through the trouble to not have your name on any paperwork in possession of the ATF.
    I doubt they'd just delete your name and move on. There's a record somewhere.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast