Thread: Ranges and Good Gun Shops in NW Indiana

Feedback Score

Ranges and Good Gun Shops in NW Indiana

Got a buddy in Crowne Point Indiana area that is coming from Illinoistan and is looking for a good range to belong to and gun store. Any suggestions? Is there a good AR gun store That stock, or usually stocks, ARs or lowers? Who has the lowest transfer fees if we need to go online to get stuff?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Sorry, didn’t see this until now.

If he’s in Crown Point, he’s pretty close to the nicest indoor range around - Point Blank in Merrillville. I live in Highland, so that’s about a 25 min drive for me; should be 5-15 for him. If he gets a membership, he can reserve times, etc. Not a bad deal.
    Also, there is Deb’s in Hammond. In a basement, looks like it is 60 years old, pistol/22 only. Usually very busy in my experience. 8 min from me, I usually don’t even try.

Point Blank also has a gun store. However, I like Blythe’s in Griffith (and Valparaiso) and South County Guns in Schererville. South County is my Class 3 dealer. Cabela’s in Hammond isn’t bad, and they have been getting some ammo restocks occasionally. If he wants celebrity Military Arms Channel’s very own Copper Custom is in Valparaiso; I’ve never been there, but they look to stock a lot according to YouTube.

If he is looking for cheap non-Class 3 transfers, I have a guy in Highland (very close to highway) that does them for $15. He works odd hours, but I’m never in a hurry so it works fine. We usually meet on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.
    Last edited by JediGuy; 04-17-21 at 05:57.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Check out Copper Custom in Valparaiso. Best range/gun club is the North Porter County Conservation Club

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys! Any beginning handgun classes, maybe with a CCW slant, in the area this year.

Kind of put things on hold as ammo was tight, but that seems to be loosening a bit. He’s shot a bit, but I really advocate real classes.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    InfinitySolutionsUSA.com is legit.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    Best range/gun club is the North Porter County Conservation Club
    Agree 100%. Started going there when we got them to sign on with the Indiana Multigun Series back in I believe in 2014. I've since stopped being involved with anything competitive shooting wise as the shotgun portion of 3gun killed the sport for me. Myself and 2 others started the INMG in 2012.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    Best range/gun club is the North Porter County Conservation Club
    If only membership opened up

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Fellow Hoosier here, down in Napghanistan. Just saying howdy.