Thread: Ranges and Good Gun Shops in NW Indiana

Feedback Score

Ranges and Good Gun Shops in NW Indiana

Got a buddy in Crowne Point Indiana area that is coming from Illinoistan and is looking for a good range to belong to and gun store. Any suggestions? Is there a good AR gun store That stock, or usually stocks, ARs or lowers? Who has the lowest transfer fees if we need to go online to get stuff?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Sorry, didn’t see this until now.

If he’s in Crown Point, he’s pretty close to the nicest indoor range around - Point Blank in Merrillville. I live in Highland, so that’s about a 25 min drive for me; should be 5-15 for him. If he gets a membership, he can reserve times, etc. Not a bad deal.
    Also, there is Deb’s in Hammond. In a basement, looks like it is 60 years old, pistol/22 only. Usually very busy in my experience. 8 min from me, I usually don’t even try.

Point Blank also has a gun store. However, I like Blythe’s in Griffith (and Valparaiso) and South County Guns in Schererville. South County is my Class 3 dealer. Cabela’s in Hammond isn’t bad, and they have been getting some ammo restocks occasionally. If he wants celebrity Military Arms Channel’s very own Copper Custom is in Valparaiso; I’ve never been there, but they look to stock a lot according to YouTube.

If he is looking for cheap non-Class 3 transfers, I have a guy in Highland (very close to highway) that does them for $15. He works odd hours, but I’m never in a hurry so it works fine. We usually meet on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.
    Last edited by JediGuy; 04-17-21 at 05:57.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Check out Copper Custom in Valparaiso. Best range/gun club is the North Porter County Conservation Club

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys! Any beginning handgun classes, maybe with a CCW slant, in the area this year.

Kind of put things on hold as ammo was tight, but that seems to be loosening a bit. He’s shot a bit, but I really advocate real classes.
    I just did two lines of powdered wig powder, cranked up some Lee Greenwood, and recited the BoR. - Outlander Systems

I'm a professional WAGer - WillBrink /// "Comey is a smarmy, self righteous mix of J. Edgar Hoover and a gay Lurch from the "Adams Family"." -Averageman