Thread: Dan Wesson .357 Magnum

Feedback Score

Dan Wesson .357 Magnum

Just saw this Dan Wesson .357 Magnum at the LGS, very sexy gun in my opinion

The frame is somewhat plum coloured, but still pretty.

It’s a bit pricey, no suitcase, second grip, belt buckle and even the barrel wrench is missing.

And another customer reserved it. Maybe he’ll pass, we’ll see, fingers crossed.

Does anyone know the model number and year of production?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    best way to get the model number is to open the cylinder and look at the frame. Should be a model 15-2. I don’t have any reference material on serial numbers vs. manufacturing date.

Feedback Score
    Very sexy gun!
    Go to https://www.danwessonforum.com/ , very nice people over there, and somebody will help you with manufacturing dates.

Feedback Score
    Nice revolver!

I always wanted one and never got around to it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had a .44, stainless, 6" heavy shroud, factory ported. One of the most accurate handguns I've ever owned. It loved 320 grain LBT's and 2400....

Dan Wessons were big with the Silhouette shooting crowd- their 3 way front lockup made them hell for stout and they would not shoot loose with the heavy loads needed to knock down the plates. Every one I ever saw had beautiful machine work....Sold mine after their bankruptcy, guy offered me stupid money for it and I was concerned about getting it serviced if I ever had to.....Was a great pistol.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Don’t be afraid of getting it serviced. I sent my 6” stainless 44 with ported and non-ported barrels back to CZ a year or two back to have all the springs changed and re-timed. The guy I bought it from was a self proclaimed gunsmith working at the True Value gun counter. He polished the trigger and it was great in DA, but SA is wouldn’t time perfect and would cast a little. CZ did a great job of repairing it. Cost almost as much as I paid for it to get the work done, but I like it now.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 02-04-21 at 14:44.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OLIAR15 View Post
    Just saw this Dan Wesson .357 Magnum at the LGS, very sexy gun in my opinion

The frame is somewhat plum coloured, but still pretty.

It’s a bit pricey, no suitcase, second grip, belt buckle and even the barrel wrench is missing.

And another customer reserved it. Maybe he’ll pass, we’ll see, fingers crossed.

Does anyone know the model number and year of production?
    That would be a 15-2VH Pistol Pack. It came with 2 1/2 " VH , 4" VH , 6" VH and 8" VH barrel assemblies. VH stood for vented heavy. I bought my first one in 1978 and followed it up with a 44-VH Pistol Pack which came with a 6" & 8" VH ported shrouds and 1 ea 6" ported barrel , 8" ported barrel as well as 1 ea 6" & 8" non ported barrels. I also had a 22VH -8" pistol in 22 LR. All were extremely accurate and now reside in my oldest son's safe.
    I'll keep my weapons,my freedom,and my money!! You can keep the CHANGE!
    Glock Certified Armorer