Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
To clarify, properly sewn PALS webbing is then much stronger, as a mounting platform than laser cut, like say the front if an SKD-STT?

Technical example, not trying to talk crap about SKD. Others have this going too.
Correct. I just looked up the SKD/First Spear STT; and that's exactly the crap I'm talking about. It is the flat out laziest way to do molle.

The fact is that all woven fabrics need to have some kind of finishing or they will fray. This is why every single piece of clothing in your closet either had the edges folded over 2 times to create a hem (right way) or the raw edges will be done on a machine called a serger (cheap way). The serger is cool because it can sew a basic seam and finish it all at the same time. This is how almost all T shirts and cheap sweat shirts are made today. When these tactical gear companies are putting laser cut parts; they are literally betting that the edge of the laser cut fabric will not receive a lot of load or stress. This is exactly the opposite mission profile of Molle webbing. The only way it really ends up working at the end of the day is because the interwoven Molly strap will put a lot of stress on the first loop and then dissipate the load over the rest of the loops. I'm sure this method is 'good enough' for most users; but truly isn't built to last.

When I design and build gear; it's meant for an end user that doesn't have access to the internet or postal service to file a customer service claim.