Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bootleg BCG Colt Upper Receiver Wear Issue

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    OP, recommend hitting your ballz with a mallet next time you think about doing something like this.

Less expensive and faster to recover, I would bet.

Feedback Score
    Yep for sure...LOL

Feedback Score
    Bootleg texted me yesterday and is sending out a new version of the Bootleg BCG and a call tag in the box to send back my version. Good News!

I will use this in a mutt build I am doing and will keep my Colt using the Colt BCG that works so well.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'd just sell the NIB Bootleg and forget this incident.

Feedback Score

Upper wear.

That upper should last quite a long time still.
    That's what my BCM 12.5 upper looks like now I couldn't say how many rnds. have been shot though it. Suppressed many cases of 5.56 ammo. Now that amount of wear on your upper that fast is not quite normal. I've got a 10.5 that's ran suppressed with my FM-1suppressor probably looks like this too but both are and have been ran hard n long. The cam pin wears a track in uppers with use.

Yes they need a good cleaning too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by blade_68; 02-17-21 at 01:13.
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    I wanted to update you all.... I just received the new replacement Bootleg carrier. So that’s cool of them and they included a shipping label to send my original back.

So received and installed/swapped out my Colt upper receiver last week. I now have the upper show in the photos off the rifle and sitting in my desk. I did go shoot it before I swapped out with my stock Colt BCG and everything worked just fine.

I’m thinking of getting a FN barrel and finding a lower and build a rifle or just selling off this Colt upper. Anyone into getting this Colt upper receiver?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456