Thread: Unobtainium....Found....Remington 870 Tac 14 NIB....

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Unobtainium....Found....Remington 870 Tac 14 NIB....

You know, I think as "gun guys" we all have a moment when we realize that something we never really took an interest in is suddenly gone and we kick ourselves for not having got one when it was easy. $69 Russian SKS's, $119 Swedish Mausers, $250 Mak 90's, $800 Colt Pythons....etc...

The last few months I have been wishing I had bought a Remington 870 Tac 14 before the bankruptcy, before the Covid price spikes and evaporation of supply....I've seen a few on Gunbroker- $1,000 and they are actually selling for that with 20 plus bids etc...

Walked into a pawn shop yesterday just as they were putting out the days loan pulls. Remington 870 Tac 14, the one with the Mesa Adapter and factory SB Brace package. I ask the guy to look at it, cringing at what I imagined the price would be...$350....Pulled the wallet faster than Max Michele...

I honestly don't think it was ever fired since the factory, came with the factory box and the trigger lock, manual etc...

It was a good day!
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    That's awesome. Congrats on the get. I just did the same thing with a remington sps tactical 308.

The remington fiasco is such a loss. They destroyed so many great companies including themselves.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Very cool. Makes me want to go pawn shop diving today.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    Very cool. Makes me want to go pawn shop diving today.
    I have found a few really good deals lately. I bought a hand crank pallet lifter- new, $800-- for $75 last week. Good to have around and cheap enough even if I only use it every once in awhile. Last week I found another near new 870, one of their later model riot guns with Magpul furniture for $350- the friggen Magpul buttstock is $100 by itself.....

Not too many guns in the shops right now but a few, one shop had a pair of M&P15 .22's in it, thought that was kinda interesting...$425 apiece...reasonable all things considered....

Feedback Score
    Your pawn shops work differently than what I see in my AO. Around here it seems a beat up POS is MSRP +/- 10% at the hock shops.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    You'll like that shotgun. I was very surprised at all the different loads it would cycle.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnar4321 View Post
    You'll like that shotgun. I was very surprised at all the different loads it would cycle.
    I was really surprised at how smooth the action was. The last few years, I haven't been all that impressed with Remington "quality" but this gun is really smooth cycling. We'll see how it patterns, I may have the barrel cut for Remchokes. With Federal Flite Control, you really don't need much choke- but as the market has shown us once again- you can't always get the "latest greatest super duper" ammo that your gun likes- so you need to be able to adapt to whatever you can scrounge. You may be reduced to Sellier & Bellot unplated, un buffered OO---or worse.... Being able to change the choke in your gun helps a lot there....