Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harm in running booster in can on fixed barrel firearm?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestardiver View Post
    You can't have just one can......

Hint, they tend to multiply in the safe if you are not careful.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Yeah this is the third. 25 day wait on the Form1 so far.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My last form1 was an eform and took 23 days. They approved it and sent the email on a Saturday.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lonestardiver View Post
    My last form1 was an eform and took 23 days. They approved it and sent the email on a Saturday.
    My first Form1 took a little over 40 day, maybe cause it's a Trust, maybe the regional examiner is slow or has more applications, who knows. It's all a damn mystery. My buddy, for the same Form1 can kit got approved in 14 days (Pennsylvania)

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    While not definitive, years ago someone posted photos of their suppressor damaged by shooting extensively without a fixed barrel spacer w/ a P7M8.

I have accidentally forgot a couple of times and for a few rounds it won't matter, but they don't tell you to use a fixed barrel spacer for nothing.

I only shoot my pistol cans on PCC these days (Centerfire pistol is so underwhelming suppressed), so it's setup with the spacer and 3-lug adaptor pretty much for life.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    While not definitive, years ago someone posted photos of their suppressor damaged by shooting extensively without a fixed barrel spacer w/ a P7M8.

I have accidentally forgot a couple of times and for a few rounds it won't matter, but they don't tell you to use a fixed barrel spacer for nothing.

I only shoot my pistol cans on PCC these days (Centerfire pistol is so underwhelming suppressed), so it's setup with the spacer and 3-lug adaptor pretty much for life.
    I think I may be in the same boat. A suppressed pistol is cool but holsters are a pain. I was just trying to have my cake and eating it too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    My first Form1 took a little over 40 day, maybe cause it's a Trust, maybe the regional examiner is slow or has more applications, who knows. It's all a damn mystery. My buddy, for the same Form1 can kit got approved in 14 days (Pennsylvania)
    Mine was also a trust. I had only 1 responsible party on the trust.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I found a video by SilencerCo showing how this all works....

https://youtu.be/LZ__Uq6dlJY

It wasn’t so much that a direct thread caused any issues other than it incorporated all the weight of the can into the weight of the barrel and it affected the ability to tilt the barrel and fully cycle the slide. The video shows how it works with no can, with a direct threaded can, and then with a booster. It was interesting to note that the slide cycled faster with the can having the booster than a unsuppressed handgun.

Then the maxim NFA pistol was just nifty stuff.

I just ordered the piston for my 1911. The piston I had is for a 9mm, but I need a threaded barrel for one of my 9’s to use it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12