Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kalashnikov USA KR-9 SBR

Feedback Score
    I bought a Kalashnikov USA plastic folding stock for mine, and it fits and works better than the factory metal stock. I like it. It was less than $70 as I recall, as well. The latch to hold the stock folded does not work due to receiver length differences, but I knew that going in.

The only thing I didn't like about it is that the buttplate and cleaning kit compartment door appear to be metal, but they are plastic. I am waiting for metal replacements to arrive from KVAR as we speak.

Overall, I do like this gun. I have a shit ton of AKs, and for the most part I am over them. I thought I'd never buy another, but here we are.
    Last edited by eodinert; 10-06-22 at 12:16.

Feedback Score

thanks much

Quote Originally Posted by eodinert View Post
    I bought a Kalashnikov USA plastic folding stock for mine, and it fits and works better than the factory metal stock. I like it. It was less than $70 as I recall, as well. The latch to hold the stock folded does not work due to receiver length differences, but I knew that going in.

The only thing I didn't like about it is that the buttplate and cleaning kit compartment door appear to be metal, but they are plastic. I am waiting for metal replacements to arrive from KVAR as we speak.

Overall, I do like this gun. I have a shit ton of AKs, and for the most part I am over them. I thought I'd never buy another, but here we are.
    thanks much for your reply
    I cant find that buttplate info at KVAR. Do you have a link for that? KUSA does not respond to my emails...KUSA wrote & told me that I have a stock in cart even tho the site says none in stock. When I go to cart tis not there. I do have the handle extension now in there, waiting for the stock to come in so as to avoid an extra shipping cost...otherwise I would just get the 2 seperately...but KUSA does not answer my questions nor do they answer emails
    sad
    especially when web site is lacking...from my PC I cannot get to KGBKlub...but I CAN get to it via wife's mac to finally get the discount coupon
    again, thanks for your response
    Last edited by vireya; 10-06-22 at 12:54.

Feedback Score
    this is cute:
    Got a msg that the stock is in, so I quickly added it to my cart, along with the handle extension already there. Went to check out and the extension is out of stock. Guess theyre playing games with alternate stock issues. But, I ordered the stock and will leave the extension for another day, especially since I am uncertain that it will actually fit the newly shaped handle, which is flat on the rear but curved in front. I was waiting so I could order both at same time to save shipping cost, which at one time said twas $10 and another $12

Feedback Score
    I found that KVAR listed buttplate...$5 for the item; $14 shipping

Feedback Score
    Turns out the KUSA butt plare is metal. I pulled mine off, and it was more apparent. Magnet sticks to it nicely. It is powdercoated heavily and even has what appear to be mold part lines in a few spots... but it's metal.

The KVAR buttplate is not a drop in fit either, but I'm sure it could work with some typical AK massaging.

The metal trap door from KVAR also does not fit. It's retained in the stock a different way, and it would not fit without heavy modification to either the stock, or the trap door..
    Last edited by eodinert; 10-11-22 at 13:32.

Feedback Score
    I picked up a Resilient RS9 suppressor that's made specifically for the KP-9. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but here are with and without pictures.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123