Thread: Mk12 with 15" handguard?

Feedback Score
    18 (95%)

Mk12 with 15" handguard?

Has anyone used a 15" handguard on a MK12 barrel with the AE brake and collar? I want to do a MK12 build, doesnhave to be clone correct, but will be using the proper barrel with the brake and collar for the AEM5 can. I already have a 15" BCM MCMR handguard on hand, so would like to use that if it will work.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911fan View Post
    Has anyone used a 15" handguard on a MK12 barrel with the AE brake and collar? I want to do a MK12 build, doesnhave to be clone correct, but will be using the proper barrel with the brake and collar for the AEM5 can. I already have a 15" BCM MCMR handguard on hand, so would like to use that if it will work.
    Have you checked out the BCM website? I thought they offered that with their version of a MK12 barrel.... Who knows, I could be wrong, but I thought I had seen one, or something very similar.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    18 (95%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Have you checked out the BCM website? I thought they offered that with their version of a MK12 barrel.... Who knows, I could be wrong, but I thought I had seen one, or something very similar.
    They do list one, but no pics with the brake/collar.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911fan View Post
    They do list one, but no pics with the brake/collar.
    I'll dig around over here and see what I can find. I'm not a store or anything, but I am a blessed man when it comes to things on hand....
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    18 (95%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    I'll dig around over here and see what I can find. I'm not a store or anything, but I am a blessed man when it comes to things on hand....
    Thanks. I've emailed Centurion about it as well, but haven't heard from them. They list a 15" handguard, but don't say anything about the suppressor fitting with it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a BA 18" SPR pattern barrel in a gun with a 13" rail.

I measured from the end of my rail, it is 15 1/2" from the back end of my rail to the step on the barrel for the collar.

So it looks like, with a 15" rail, you'd have about 1/2" clearance between the front end of the rail and the step.

Hope that helps.

Feedback Score
    18 (95%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    I have a BA 18" SPR pattern barrel in a gun with a 13" rail.

I measured from the end of my rail, it is 15 1/2" from the back end of my rail to the step on the barrel for the collar.

So it looks like, with a 15" rail, you'd have about 1/2" clearance between the front end of the rail and the step.

Hope that helps.
    That does. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    18 (95%)
    Just heard back from Centurion that it will work as well.