Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint PRO Batteries

Feedback Score

Aimpoint PRO Batteries

For those of you using the PRO RD what is your battery brand of choice? How often are you changing and how many do you keep on hand. Any one have a clue how long these type of batteries will stay at peak voltage on the shelf other then what is printed on the package?

Feedback Score
    Whatever battery you use, make sure you get a Lithium if you can. Lithiums will not leak, and they tend to last longer in extreme cold and heat.

edited: I checked Aimpoint site, the Aimpoint PRO takes a 3V 2L76 or DL1/3n, both are Lithium.
    Last edited by La26; 02-05-21 at 09:26.

Feedback Score
    I use name brand batteries, Energizer or Duracell.
    I change mine out maybe once a year maybe longer and I leave my optic on all the time.

I can't tell you the voltage on the shelf life of the battery but honestly, unless you store it in extreme conditions they will last years.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Back in the day, we did not trust Aimpoint batteries. So most everyone had a stash of them everywhere, since we could get an unlimited supply, packaged individually in plastic, from the supply dude. I haven’t had access to that in about 5 years, so I’ve been feeding my Aimpoint PROs rando 1/3N batteries found squirreled away in old pouches and such and they still work for like a year, probably more. Most are probably like 10 years old, potentially up to 15 years. Well, since I obtained them. No idea when DoD bought them. At 75RR, company level supply stored them near room temp, I think. Stateside, at least. Overseas, it was whatever. When I was stationed at Bragg, my organization stored them in refrigerators. I don’t attempt to control anything but moisture for my home battery stash.

I usually leave them on all the time. Unfortunately, I sold my last PRO about 6 months ago.
    Last edited by 1168; 02-05-21 at 10:00.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I use one of these to keep a spare.

https://www.amazon.com/AimPoint-9000...2540156&sr=8-3

Feedback Score
    I have five Aimpoint Pros which I pretty much now never use due to having a slight astigmatism (ACOGs are now my go-to optic of choice). Despite the lack of use, I still swap out the batteries once a year (I swap out all the batteries in everything at pretty much the same time). I use Surefire batteries in all my weapon-lights & Pros. I use Energizer lithiums in most everything else (bathroom tap lights, general flashlights, remotes, ect). The Surefires have a rated five year shelf life, but I replace mine once a year just to be "Sure" they'll work if I ever do actually need them to. I've only ever found one to be "dead" (in a weapon light) because another weapon was found leaning against the tape switch which apparently had activated the light & burned out the battery. Suffice to say. I no longer leave my weapons resting in a position to ever possibly do this type of thing again.

I know my approach to battery replacement is expensive & somewhat wasteful, but I prefer to never have to wonder if my equipment is ready for use.
    ,——'¯¯';=====±—-
    !‚–’¯¯ƒ¹¶
    One is just never enough...

Feedback Score
    Will a battery tester work on one of these batteries?

Feedback Score
    All of my optics get Duracells (including my PRO); I’ve had poor luck with Energizer.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5shank View Post
    Will a battery tester work on one of these batteries?
    I have that ZTS battery tester (base model) which I LOVE... but it won't work on the 1/3N.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    My oldest PRO is 8 years old and still rocking the original battery. It’s now become a game of sorts, seeing how long it will go. I keep 3 extras in my spares kit that will probably be out of date code before I need them.
    Last edited by Black_Sheep; 02-05-21 at 15:48.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast