Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Browning Hi-Power

Feedback Score
    Browning removed them from the product line in 2017, but I don't think they've been in regular production for a long time. My humble belief is the made only limited runs during lulls in other production as getting one from the distributors was pretty sporadic. I had to settle for a 20 year old model LNIB purchased privately from an FBI agent in KC to get mine after trying a year to get a new production model.
    Last edited by jaholder; 02-13-21 at 17:01.

Feedback Score
    Attachment 65197

Top pistol is Novak basically a Special Ops .

The bottom one is Cylinder and Slide done to my specs. Full house job with Bar Sto barrel, gold hammer and trigger was due to a lot of time in Africa.

Feedback Score

The Browning Hi-Power

They are considered as real classics in Europe and they’re a familiar sight in gun shows and LGS. I’ve got two, a 1952 one and a 1979 capitan with shoulder stock

And one more is on the way, a 1943 built under German occupation

Feedback Score
    Picked up my first BHP last year at the beginning of pandemic. A mint MarK III in .40S&W.

Feedback Score
    Something very European and classic about Hi Powers---always liked 'em---carried one daily for 12 years while managing gun stores in L.A. California---cocked-n-locked in a holster my old friend, Gordon Davis (RIP) gave me---he said it was the prototype "Liberty" ("Avenger" style) model holsters he made for many years---still have it. I bought the P35 used, but mint and had the old Kings gun works polish the feed ramp to feed JHPs perfectly---the magazine safety had been removed by the previous owner---a popular modification in those days... Fixed sights---shot right to point of aim for me.
    Carried it daily until the owner of the store declared no single-action pistols after a home gunsmithed 1911 went off (nobody hurt) when it's owner of it released the safety to show the pistol to a friend (idiot)! I only had one DA/SA pistol at the time---a Walther P5 9mm and intended to carry that, but wanted more ammo on board---the P5 only carried eight---Gordon said he would make me a holster for it, but before any of that could happen, HK released their brand new DA/SA 9mm pistol, the new USPf---I bought the first one that came into our store! I asked Gordon to make me a holster for the HK and he said he had just finished a large batch of USP holsters for the US Border Patrol who had just adopted the USP! He gave two (one brown, one black) prototype holsters the next day! I still have them and they also fit my HK P30 9mm pistol...
    Last edited by jyo; 05-30-21 at 22:04.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Sent mine to Cylinder & Slide Shop for Hammer, Trigger and thumb safety. It had OEM Adjustable rear sight. Accurate but delicate sight. Carried it on Patrol in the later 80's. IIRC it was a 70's mfg. Beautiful deep blue, polished bright. Admin decided Cocked and Locked was NO MORE so it got traded for the early 3rd Gen 5906 all stainless Adj Sights. That was a heavy tank. I was reloading back then. Shot the gun until dirty, then until it shot clean again.
    Buying bullets by the thousands at Dallas Gun SHows and primed brass from Midway dirt cheap. Dillion Square Deal B, went through a LOT of Win 231 powder and CCI primers.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    Sent mine to Cylinder & Slide Shop for Hammer, Trigger and thumb safety. It had OEM Adjustable rear sight. Accurate but delicate sight. Carried it on Patrol in the later 80's. IIRC it was a 70's mfg. Beautiful deep blue, polished bright. Admin decided Cocked and Locked was NO MORE so it got traded for the early 3rd Gen 5906 all stainless Adj Sights. That was a heavy tank. I was reloading back then. Shot the gun until dirty, then until it shot clean again.
    Buying bullets by the thousands at Dallas Gun SHows and primed brass from Midway dirt cheap. Dillion Square Deal B, went through a LOT of Win 231 powder and CCI primers.
    Ha ! Yes, same here. I kept track of my round count by my bullet orders. My CZ 75 has a round count around 10,000 based on bullet orders. Colt .38 super with 6-8000. My Dillon SQD-B probably has zero original parts. All replaced under warranty including the frame.
    Last edited by 1986s4; 06-04-21 at 07:23.

Feedback Score
    I am selling the Novak Hi Power pictured above, if anyone is interested send me a PM
    Last edited by yoni; 06-04-21 at 17:13.

Feedback Score
    I remember buying my Inglis hi-power in 1988. It had the cutout for the stock which I found years later by pure chance. It was basically a range toy and now resides as my one safe queen. I picked it up for about $350 from a coworker. One of the best purchases I ever made IMO.

Sent from my SM-T727V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by aguila327; 11-12-21 at 21:33.

Feedback Score
    I have an Israeli surplus FN Hi Power that I bought from Aim many years ago.

Installed a C&S hammer/sear/spring kit and rowell hammer and extended safety. Had the thing Cerakoted flat black and added Herrett cocbolo grips.

I swear...it is the most accurate and fun shooting 9mm I have ever owned. Very reliable, too.

I always wondered why everyone fooled around with 9mm 1911s when the Hi Power is an awesome single action 9mm all on its own and is way more reliable.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast