Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: School me on eotech holographic sights

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    The best thing about the EOTech is the reticle, and it can also be found on the MRO-HD, but it ain't cheap. I don't mind the EOTech; I had one issued for a while and it did what it was supposed to (518). I prefer the MRO over the T1/T2, and if I could afford it, I'd snatch up the MRO-HD for that reticle.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have a newer 518 with AA batteries and the riser. Only have it because they were on sale 2 years for $415 and I wanted to have one in the stable to get familiar with how they operate. It's on a training AR15 that sees periodic use, mainly with Wolf Steel, mostly for short range and reloading drills. I store it without batteries installed. Checked zero this fall and it was still spot on (but I'd expect nothing less).

Everything else has Aimpoint and if I needed to cull the herd, the 518 would go without remorse.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    The best model is one made by Aimpoint.
    Idk. I’ve been told quite a bit by guys from Texas that Eotechs are the best optics in the world and Aimpoints are “third world” optics.

Anyone who has problems with eotechs has been called a “retard”.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The best part about Eotechs is they offer them with QD mounts so that when your battery dies you can quickly remove the optic and try to use it as a bludgeoning tool against your attacker.

This post brought to you by constant on 50,000 hr battery gang.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Idk. I’ve been told quite a bit by guys from Texas that Eotechs are the best optics in the world and Aimpoints are “third world” optics.

Anyone who has problems with eotechs has been called a “retard”.
    That's nice. Doesn't change the facts surrounding the piss poor quality, lack of battery life, inferior submersion values, and the unfixed issues from the great lawsuit. The 65 MOA ring reticle is a gimmick. Pointy guys use what they're issued and don't pay for replacements. Not knocking them, but many of them aren't gear guys, they're just dudes doing their job with the tools at hand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12