Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sell 9mm Upper or Buy Lower? OP updated

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Sell 9mm Upper or Buy Lower? OP updated

I have a complete 11" barreled 9mm upper I have about $350 into. It will run me ~ $350 for the complete lower I want. I shot the upper enough with endomag adapters to know I really like it.

I am really struggling with the choice to sell the upper or complete the pistol. I think I can break even if I sell the upper. I am neither wealthy or struggling financially.

I have plenty of 5.56 ARs and a dedicated 22 upper now.

What say you?

Thank you

Edit - I picked up a FM complete lower and the pistol ran great during a brief test.
    Last edited by AndyLate; 02-13-21 at 17:36.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a dedicated lower for 9mm that uses glock mags... I also have an SBR lower that I can use the same uppers on with the endo mag. Having the versatility to use either these days is a good thing. Look around for a dedicated lower. Hopefully this madness about will calm down and things will become more available.

BTW, my AR-9 lower was a blemished model that PSA had on sale...It was about $70 at the time (stripped) and I could not find the blemish.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    You say you like. Sounds like you’re trying to talk yourself into keeping it. Nothing wrong with having something different on hand.

Build it. Shoot it.

If you still want to sell it after that, my guess is that a complete 9mm will return more than half of one.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I use a Hahn block in a ar15 lower. So for me the cost was really around $160 to have a 9mm lower that uses colt style mags. Works great and if I ever get tired of the setup I can convert back to ar15 in about 10 min

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Would there be a reason not to just buy your own ENDO adapters and use those? Even though I have a lower that uses the Colt SMG mags, I was able to pick up a couple of them for under $25 each shipped. For $75 you could have three of them and not have to buy a lower. While I only have a little experience with them, a friend of mine has a lot of rounds through the adapters and has been very happy with how well they work.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nate89 View Post
    Would there be a reason not to just buy your own ENDO adapters and use those? Even though I have a lower that uses the Colt SMG mags, I was able to pick up a couple of them for under $25 each shipped. For $75 you could have three of them and not have to buy a lower. While I only have a little experience with them, a friend of mine has a lot of rounds through the adapters and has been very happy with how well they work.

I bought endomags first, but they just didn't function well with my configuration. I gave up and traded them for some CMMG 22 mags and they worked great for the new owner. I loved the idea and wanted them to work.

The experience has kept me from trying a Glock mag block as well, and I would rather not run the Colt/Uzi mags because that is more mags to buy.

A pistol caliber lower was recommended here as the most likely to be problem free. Of course $300 + $200 if I decide to SBR it will pay for some experiments (or plenty of the known-to-work Colt pattern mags).

Its frustrating because 5.56 ARs mostly just work and even my dedicated 22 lr upper runs well. 9mm seems to be my Waterloo.

Andy

Feedback Score
    I'd say get a lower for it.

In fact, my son has a 9mm AR lower (Glock pattern) I could list on the classifieds that he decided not to build.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I looked online today and learned my Spinta bolt is a known issue with Endomags. It would have been sweet if I saw that before I got the bolt.

Andy

Feedback Score
    In these times the answer is always buy and never sell. My 9mm AR has been a bit more finicky than I would have liked but I have had fun working on it and getting it to run.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Gotcha, yeah at least you were able to test them out with your upper and didn't end up with ~$100 worth of mags you can't really use.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast