Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sell 9mm Upper or Buy Lower? OP updated

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I looked online today and learned my Spinta bolt is a known issue with Endomags. It would have been sweet if I saw that before I got the bolt.

Andy
    There are a number of other 9mm bolts out there. I wonder if you could sell the Spinta and get another. Likely you wouldn't be out too much money making the swap.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    If you go Glock, make sure your chamber has a generous feed cone.
    I’ve had both Glock & Colt SMG setups and the Glock didn’t like feeding hollow points or truncated bullets in a RRA upper that had no feed cone. Colt mags & Hahn adaptor ran everything due to it’s horizontal feed angle & feed ramps built into the block.
    Most newer barrels have a pretty generous feed cone.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I decided "why not" and ordered a FM complete lower from Brownells. Clint (BRT) suggested them as a quality lower and he has not steered me wrong yet.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have an ancient Colt upper that I SBR'd several years ago and now run atop a Quarter Circle Ten Colt mag lower. I really like it and it is very reliable- as long as you don't use the magazine as a bipod.

Which is funny because I have always made fun of people who said it was an issue with a standard AR15 and for decades have used "magazine bipod" prone- and never had a problem. But every time I do it with the 9mm it malfs out the arse and it doesn't matter what mags I use. So...I just don't do that with that gun....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I decided "why not" and ordered a FM complete lower from Brownells. Clint (BRT) suggested them as a quality lower and he has not steered me wrong yet.
    I just put a 16 inch FMproducts 9mm upper on a standard MilSpec lower running Endomags. Shoots flawlessly and the service is stellar. The owner picked up and talked to me when I called to ask about Endomag compatibility before I bought and he responded to my emails complimenting his product after I had it out for its first test fire within an hour.

On a Sunday.

On Superbowl Sunday.
    Last edited by eman; 02-11-21 at 15:08.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I got my FM lower yesterday. There are some things I don't love about it, primarily I feel they could do a much better job removing sharp corners. I will know better what I think when I shoot it tomorrow. It came with an A2 PG - I have a Magpul K grip inbound to replace it. FM does not stake the castle nut, which is fine for me as I am also swapping the endplate for QD after I shoot it tomorrow.

I also picked up a Shockwave Blade Stealth. Basically similar to the original blade but fits on a standard carbine RE, adjustment is tool-free, and it includes QD sockets. If you hated the original, you will hate this one. If you liked the original but hated buying a pistol RE and carrying a hex key to adjust the blade, you will like this one. I like the blade brace, so I like the stealth version.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Andy,
    Interested to hear how it runs for you. Happy shooting!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I made it to the range today and fired around 150 rounds without a bobble. I used Glock 17, 18, and 19 magazines (15, 17, and 33 round) and a variety of ammunition - 147 gr Gold Dots, 147 gr FMJ FP, 115 gr FMJ, and 124 gr FMJ. I obviously need to replace the 6.x oz pistol buffer with at least a 8.x oz one. I am currently at 22 oz BCG + buffer but it throws brass about 20 feet and the cases are pretty smoky.

Here is a pic I snapped at the range. The K grip I ordered came while I was at the range and I installed it as soon as I got home.

Andy

Tiw1LrL.jpg
    Last edited by AndyLate; 02-13-21 at 17:34.

Feedback Score
    Nice! Glad yours is running well for you. The 9s are sure fun to shoot.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JB2000 View Post
    In these times the answer is always buy and never sell. My 9mm AR has been a bit more finicky than I would have liked but I have had fun working on it and getting it to run.
    Whose upper and barrel? Does it have a feed ramp? If not you might want to consider cutting your own. It's quick, and easy to do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast