Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Canadian P320 incident

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    The fact that they kept pumping out civie guns with the drop fire issue while redesigning it for the military... Shady AF.

Of course they probably ran the numbers by the lawyers and saw the payoff of the .Mil contracts and worth it.
    You're right, and I don't want to give Sig a pass, but I'm also not going to sit here and pretend that they are the only one's who have pulled some bulls****. Most of the big names have. There's not a lot of integrity left in this game.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    I don't think anyone is faulting SIG for the problems(ok, I am, who designs a pistol without a firing pin block?!) more faulting them for how they handled it... The laundry list of new guns from SIG and their problems doesn't help their cause.
    I believe it did in fact have a firing pin block. To my knowledge the block would get disengaged during the pretravel of the trigger.

The inertia from the fall, and the mass of the trigger, was enough to cause the trigger to move through the pre travel, and thus disengaging the firing pin block.

So I believe it had one, it was just poorly designed. If they would have put a trigger safety on it, like most other striker guns, then the whole debacle could have been avoided.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    I believe it did in fact have a firing pin block. To my knowledge the block would get disengaged during the pretravel of the trigger.

The inertia from the fall, and the mass of the trigger, was enough to cause the trigger to move through the pre travel, and thus disengaging the firing pin block.

So I believe it had one, it was just poorly designed. If they would have put a trigger safety on it, like most other striker guns, then the whole debacle could have been avoided.

Soli Deo Gloria
    My bad, I meant disconnector, which the "upgrade" included in the way of a machined notch in the slide. What I've just discovered is that there are many documented cases of 320 pistols discharging WITHOUT being dropped, most were HOLSTERED. This includes several "UPGRADED" pistols as well. I've posted a link to the lawsuit, have a read at page 27 and down.

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...63c886.pdf.pdf

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234