Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canadian P320 incident

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Bad holsters/handling are an unfortunate fact of life in large agencies.

I personally like the P320/M17/M18, but I'm also not surprised to hear issues. I can't think of a single piece of military hardware from the Trapdoor Springfield to the F-35 that hasn't had growing pains.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I will say this again, for those who can read.

It appears the issue was some "genius" using and modifying the wrong holster. I am by no means a fan of SIG or the 320, but the data thus far doesn't point to this being a gun issue.

As for the 320. It's just another wannabe Glock. With a heavier SINGLE ACTION trigger(Glocks are double action) that has no pronounced reset and offers nothing in terms of reliability or durability over Glock. For those who've done the digging and reading, for the Army trials the SIG was failing much sooner than Glock in the hostile environment testing as well as the MRBF values. The Compact version of the 320 barely completed 1/3 of the required rounds for testing before the decision was made to award SIG the contract.... Oh yeah, the $120 MILLION dollar discount might have been a factor there.

Seeing as how the FBI proved through their trials/testing that the Glock was the better product. I suspect SIG was deeply worried that their chances of big green selecting a pistol that failed the FBI trials(which were practically hand picked for the 320 to win) was in jeopardy. Hence the drastic price cut. Add in SIG's willingness to hide the fact their pistols were unsafe(publicly sold copies, resulting in four lawsuits at the time) then pretend there was no issue, only to miraculously find a solution to the "non existent issue" only a couple days later, and offer that solution as a "voluntary upgrade". That all adds up to shady business practices and scumbags at the top.

Feedback Score
    Glock sold something like 100,000 G19X's in six months, after they lost the competition. So, if nothing else, they probably recouped their expenses.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    I will say this again, for those who can read.

It appears the issue was some "genius" using and modifying the wrong holster. I am by no means a fan of SIG or the 320, but the data thus far doesn't point to this being a gun issue.

As for the 320. It's just another wannabe Glock. With a heavier SINGLE ACTION trigger(Glocks are double action) that has no pronounced reset and offers nothing in terms of reliability or durability over Glock. For those who've done the digging and reading, for the Army trials the SIG was failing much sooner than Glock in the hostile environment testing as well as the MRBF values. The Compact version of the 320 barely completed 1/3 of the required rounds for testing before the decision was made to award SIG the contract.... Oh yeah, the $120 MILLION dollar discount might have been a factor there.

Seeing as how the FBI proved through their trials/testing that the Glock was the better product. I suspect SIG was deeply worried that their chances of big green selecting a pistol that failed the FBI trials(which were practically hand picked for the 320 to win) was in jeopardy. Hence the drastic price cut. Add in SIG's willingness to hide the fact their pistols were unsafe(publicly sold copies, resulting in four lawsuits at the time) then pretend there was no issue, only to miraculously find a solution to the "non existent issue" only a couple days later, and offer that solution as a "voluntary upgrade". That all adds up to shady business practices and scumbags at the top.
    Everything you said is correct and sad to hear.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Yup, funny how fast SIG found a 'solution' for the P320 drop fire issue - because it had already been found in the military trials...

Feedback Score
    "Glock sold something like 100,000 G19X's in six months, after they lost the competition. So, if nothing else, they probably recouped their expenses."

I am one of those owners. For the price, they are worth it. I got used to the color. But the plus 2 base plates and night sights for the same price as a G19 or G17. I said why not. Fell in love with it.

Had to edit the quote in there, guess they were never then when i made the reply.
    Last edited by robbins290; 02-12-21 at 06:34. Reason: forgot quote

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Yup, funny how fast SIG found a 'solution' for the P320 drop fire issue - because it had already been found in the military trials...
    I don't think anyone is faulting SIG for the problems(ok, I am, who designs a pistol without a firing pin block?!) more faulting them for how they handled it... The laundry list of new guns from SIG and their problems doesn't help their cause.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The fact that they kept pumping out civie guns with the drop fire issue while redesigning it for the military... Shady AF.

Of course they probably ran the numbers by the lawyers and saw the payoff of the .Mil contracts and worth it.

Feedback Score
    If SIG wins the M4 replacement rifle contract they'll really be shitting in tall cotton. Seems like they've won every recent DoD optics contract.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't think anyone is faulting SIG for the problems(ok, I am, who designs a pistol without a firing pin block?!) more faulting them for how they handled it... The laundry list of new guns from SIG and their problems doesn't help their cause.
    I mentioned in an earlier post that my SIG P-210 American has been great. The point I didn't make is not everything out of this modern version of SIG is rubbish. I am disappointed in SIG as a company and any future firearm and/or accessories purchases will require great scrutiny. I would like to see the DOD pump the brakes on any future purchase considerations.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast