Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Defense 30mm Single Ring Mount

Feedback Score

Daniel Defense 30mm Single Ring Mount

I would like to replace the factory QD mount on my PRO with this non-QD mount from Daniel Defense but before I order I'd like to know if it's absolute co-witness height or lower 1/3. I can't find the info anywhere and DD hasn't responded to my email inquiry. One of the reviews says it's a lower 1/3 but I'd like to confirm it. Looking for the dimension from the rail to the center of the optic, if anyone's running one would you kindly get me a measurement? Thanks in advance...
    Last edited by Black_Sheep; 02-06-21 at 17:13.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    One of the reviews states it’s 1/3 co-witness with DD irons.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by davidjinks View Post
    One of the reviews states it’s 1/3 co-witness with DD irons.
    I saw that too, I just want to make sure

Feedback Score
    In case anyone is interested, the response from DD:

Good afternoon Mark,

That optic mount puts the center of the mount right at about 1.6 inches above the top of the rail. It is roughly an absolute co-witness mount.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Sheep View Post
    In case anyone is interested, the response from DD:

Good afternoon Mark,

That optic mount puts the center of the mount right at about 1.6 inches above the top of the rail. It is roughly an absolute co-witness mount.
    1.6 is as close to lower 1/3 as it is to absolute if you ask me. Absolute is usually mid 1.40 to 1.5. Sounds like DD split the difference and only make one mount not that that is a bad idea. You don't say what you want. For the record I can't imagine why anyone would want an absolute co-witness mount.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Forgot to ask.... Where are you in Minnesota? My wife is from the Falls.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Forgot to ask.... Where are you in Minnesota? My wife is from the Falls.
    I’m in the north metro near where 35E and 35W converge. I was looking for an absolute co-witness mount the replace the QRP mount on my PRO. I was hoping to use a mount with the same height solely because I didn’t want to buy a lower 1/3 only to find out I didn’t like it.

Feedback Score
    I’m in the north metro near where 35E and 35W converge. I was looking for an absolute co-witness mount the replace the QRP mount on my PRO. I was hoping to use a mount with the same height solely because I didn’t want to buy a lower 1/3 only to find out I didn’t like it.
    Have you tried a lower 1/3rd before? Or at least compared height differences? They are minimal to some, having said that, I pretty much only buy 1/3rd and I would bet that the majority of sales is 1/3.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    I have not tried a lower 1/3, what is the benefit vs. absolute co-witness?

Feedback Score
    I have not tried a lower 1/3, what is the benefit vs. absolute co-witness?
    There is a ton of information on this site I would imagine with a quick search, but typically with a 1/3rd you use a the re d dot as just that, a red dot as it's own aiming devise. With absolute you use it as a 3rd alignment tool in your sighting system. In reality, a lower 1/3 rd allows you to do both. It also is more comfortable for me personally, just in the neck and cheek weld. Honestly, for you I would make the drive to Armzen Arms, or Atomic Tactical (depending on their current stock) and talk to them about it, and try them out independently. Attached a few Utube videos for ref.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcpfH6qQqB0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHHwSSYZKbg
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast