Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PVS-14s, spend my (limited) budget

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendelshooter View Post
    I really don’t have anything other than the ol’ Ipotato to take picks with but I’ll try tonight…if I can remember lol.
    That would be greatly appreciated!
    I know sometimes pics of electronics with other electronics don't always translate well.

I'll try to post a vid or two that I found that shows comparisons. Maybe if someone that has one can see if there's truly looks like that it would ve helpful to me any anyone else looking at these.

I know not all tubes are the same so could be potentially better or worse based on the luck of what you get.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    We have a brand new, factory, L3Harris M914A in our lab at work. I've used it back to back with my personal Photonis Echo from JRH and, to my eye, there is no difference in image quality between the two. The L3 was 2x the cost, though...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I think this is a comparison of the same Echo tube. If not please correct me and I'll update or remove the link.

https://youtu.be/KVlLcprwU9I

Feedback Score
    Looking through photonis and L3 tubes, the only thing that stood out was with the gain at max, the L3 was a lot brighter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    That would be greatly appreciated!
    I know sometimes pics of electronics with other electronics don't always translate well.

I'll try to post a vid or two that I found that shows comparisons. Maybe if someone that has one can see if there's truly looks like that it would ve helpful to me any anyone else looking at these.

I know not all tubes are the same so could be potentially better or worse based on the luck of what you get.

Well I got some pics, even had a model for some, but the website says they’re too big ��*♂️

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grendelshooter View Post
    Well I got some pics, even had a model for some, but the website says they’re too big ��*
    Lol, thanks for taking them. I use tapatalk so it handles all that resizing stuff for me. If you don't have a place that you normally host phots from I could post them for you if you wanted.

Can pm you my email.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kerplode View Post
    We have a brand new, factory, L3Harris M914A in our lab at work. I've used it back to back with my personal Photonis Echo from JRH and, to my eye, there is no difference in image quality between the two. The L3 was 2x the cost, though...
    I think once you use them in the dark dark, it will become apparent.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I think once you use them in the dark dark, it will become apparent.
    That and apparently how laser illuminators look on high power. Allegedly you get less washout with the filmless tubes.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345