Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your preferred flip up rear sight?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I tend to use fixed rear sights with red dots so my experience with flip-ups is limited. I do rather like the MBUS Pros that came on my Sionics upper though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bread is People View Post
    Real quick now, dont think about it too much - what's your preferred flip up rear sight? I will add that I'm looking to get one sooner or later.
    I'll also add that I really dont like the magpul mbus, but that's just my preference. I used to have a troy diamond diopter flip rear which was pretty nice, even though I didnt get to use it much before selling the rifle it was on. Last, I realize that what you like & what you actually use can be 2 different things, so try not to give the question too much thought.
    Using only highest reliability RDSs (or optics incompatible with irons) I give BUISs very little thought anymore and almost never use them. Almost all of them do an adequate job, some have nuances as mentioned in the thread.

Last several sets I bought were Geisseles, to go on shared guns that might actually use irons, and needed to be stout. Here: https://geissele.com/geissele-buis.html
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    I have MBUS rears on a couple FSB guns. Not that I really like em. More of a just in case, better than nothing decision. Yes, they are zeroed. At least, I did zero them. No idea really if they are holding well. I guess I should check.

I really like the Dueck Defense RTs on my MWS. Unfortunately they don't work for my 5.56 guns, white light is in the way on one and the LA-5 on the other. I like where I have them (the light and the PEQ) so I ain't moving em.

The LMT back ups are great sights. Hold zero, return to zero when removed and remounted. But WTF do you do with them. If I really need them they are gonna be somewhere in the parts drawer.

So yeah, my back ups are good for pearl clutching but not so much for actual shooting. I have em cause I think I should, kinda like my FSBs. I'm in for good ideas.
    Last edited by utahjeepr; 02-07-21 at 09:22.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    My thoughts are similar to Post 12's. My optics are my main sights and that's where I spent more money. I suppose if I was in the mood at the time, I might have shopped for higher-priced BUISights but sometimes I just either want to go to the closest convenient store or order something online with good online feedback/reviews.

Note, I'm not a high-speed builder-type. My initial AR15 was an issued Colt with the solid triangular front sight post and the rear sight on the (removable) carry handle. I think my old department is still using those, but have now made an Eotech optional, but that's after my time there. I don't know what rear sight was used if the officer went with the Eotech option.

On my personal ARs, one (a Springfield-Armory "Saint") has offset Magpul-brand front & rear folding sights (due to having a low power variable optic (Vortex "Razor") mounted, while the other one (a BCM AR-pistol, hopefully soon-to-be SBR) has Springfield-Armory folding sights, taken off from the Springfield-Armory (the BCM currently has a Trijicon MRO mounted).

I suppose my views on BUISights might change should I ever bash them into pieces climbing out of or into a vehicle or other activities.
    Last edited by L-2; 02-07-21 at 12:37.

Feedback Score

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    1_ MBUS PRO

2_ KAC Micro

3_ Troy Folding Battle Sights

4_ MBUS
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Matech. Does the job. Folds flat. Didnt cost an arm and a leg.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here are some sights that have worked very well for me.
    KAC
    Troy
    MBUS
    MI

I'll point out that the MI front and rear combat folding sights are great pieces which are also very well priced. I have them or 3 or 4 of my weapons, and would like to chuck them on a few more.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    KAC or nothing.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    KAC 300M Micro.

I’m actually using mine right now as the primary with a fixed FSB as I loaned my Aimpoint out to a family member for a little while.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast