Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your preferred flip up rear sight?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I use the KAC 300m. I like that it takes less rail space than a Matech or some other sights, since I like magnifiers. I really enjoy shooting irons, just because I'm old fashioned like that, but on a gun set up for an optic I want the smallest and least obtrusive rear site that is good enough to let me get hits with.
    OEF / OIR / OFS

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Big fan of KAC.

Feedback Score
    Current setup: Magpul Mbus pros with an Eotech XPS3-0.

Light and low profile with minimal rail space used. The mbus pro rear sight being contoured like the upper receiver allows it to lay as far rearward as possible and not obstruct the charging handle.

The other option I considered was DD fixed iron sights with an EXPS3-0. If I had nods I wouldve gone with the EXPS3-0.
    Last edited by 99cobra2881; 02-07-21 at 16:28. Reason: Small keyboard and fat fingers

Feedback Score
    I like the Troy flip up battle sights myself. I got lucky and they had on sale for Black Friday a few years ago so bought several sets.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question

Has anyone tried out the Centurion Arms diopter rear sight? I would like to get one when they come back in stock but they aren’t cheap, and would appreciate any end user feedback before taking the plunge.

Thanks in advance ...

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    Has anyone tried out the Centurion Arms diopter rear sight? I would like to get one when they come back in stock but they aren’t cheap, and would appreciate any end user feedback before taking the plunge.

Thanks in advance ...
    Someone beat me to a set that went cheap on the EE. Otherwise outside of my price range, but would also like to check them out.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I also like the Griffin fixed offset irons that I use with an LPVO.
    I have a set of those as well on LPVO carbine, I like them a lot but didn't mention them due to the subject of the OP.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Using only highest reliability RDSs (or optics incompatible with irons) I give BUISs very little thought anymore and almost never use them. Almost all of them do an adequate job, some have nuances as mentioned in the thread.

Last several sets I bought were Geisseles, to go on shared guns that might actually use irons, and needed to be stout. Here: https://geissele.com/geissele-buis.html
    Pretty much this, take the money you would spend on a BUIS and get a higher quality optic.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    MBUS. There was a drop test that showed the MBUS had the least amount of shift. They allow me to hit minute of upper torso to 300.

The retention mechanism of the MATechs used to always shit the bed when I was serving. We hated them as they always popped up and became a fixed rear sight. The drop adjustment is nice, but I can’t think of a realistic scenario where you’re using back up irons to shoot 600 yards, and we should all be able to hit a man sized target to 300 without adjusting the sights.

Feedback Score
    KAC hands down. Low profile, effortless adjustments, robust, precise, and not made from old cat food cans like Matech sights are...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast