Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benelli M4 tube extension choices

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Benelli M4 tube extension choices

Hi guys,

Picked up a Benelli M4 for what I think is pretty reasonable considering what most shops charge in NY. It’s been a desired shot gun of mine for a bit but didn’t jump on it till now considering we may never be able to get one again. Anyway, I was wondering if I should get Benelli actual extension (81043) or Sure Cycles 2 shot extension tube? Both priced around the same. This is really the only upgrade I plan to do to the gun, at least for now. I’ve seen KZ tubes for cheap but I heard their made in China. What do you guys think ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    With any magazine capacity increase you need to be aware of 922r to be legal. I just put on a 7rd CarrierComp tube which also includes a follower and spring. Also put in a set of FFT forends. Those 3 pieces keep you legal.

CarrierComp tubes are titanium and very nice, but with a longer lead time than some. The wait is worth it in my opinion

https://freedomfightertactical.com/pages/922r-faq
    Last edited by Diesel79; 02-07-21 at 20:16.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So with that being said would the Sure Cycle be the better choice? It includes a follower and spring as well.

What makes no sense is that if I purchased model 11710 for example which has a 2 round extension I believe I’d be OK because I’m a LEO. Is it because I would make the modification myself ?
    Last edited by Krp7894; 02-07-21 at 20:26.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If LEO version comes with the 7rd tube from Benelli I think it is ok. If you make the modification it is subject to 922r. With that being said, since you are a LEO, I’m not sure if it applies. I think it would if it’s for a personal gun.

It’s a really dumb law. I think it came from a long time ago and was meant for AK’s, but unfortunately our M4 shotguns fall victim to it.
    Last edited by Diesel79; 02-07-21 at 20:40.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The gun shop had a TacStar extension in stock which he said if I wanted I need LEO ID. I passed since it looked way too cheap.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’m not so sure the guy at the counter knows what he is talking about, but then again I don’t know the laws in NY.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    LEO or not I’d rather be safe than sorry. If I’m correct according to FFT I have to change out 3 parts. So I’m assuming a titanium magazine extension, follower, and spring is enough or do I need to, say change the Forend or stock as well as a 4th part?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The 7rd tube would count as 1 part, follower counts as 1 part. You would still need one more part from the list as the spring doesn’t count. The FFT forends are the most cost effective and look the same as oem, they typically require some slight fitting though. There are other USA made forends from Mesa, Briley, and others but they don’t have the oem look.

You could also have new fire control group components installed by Briley, but that is $300, then the cost of the tube so it does get expensive that route.

If your model has the collapsible stock, then you need to replace 4 parts.

It’s all just a pain in the a$$ and requires you to screw with a perfectly fine shotgun just to get an extra 2 rounds of which it should just come with. Lol
    Last edited by Diesel79; 02-07-21 at 21:07.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This forum will be a wealth of information. Join it and ask any questions you may have.

https://forums.benelliusa.com/forum/2-benelli/
    Last edited by Diesel79; 02-07-21 at 21:10.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank you sir.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast