Thread: Does anyone know the length...

Feedback Score

Does anyone know the length...

...of the Bushmaster 11.5/5.5 barrel? To me that adds up to 17"...but there must be some overlap where the faux suppressor attaches to the barrel right? So, is it 16" or 16.5"? Anyone know? Thanks, Magsig

Feedback Score
    According to their catalog info, it is 16" TOL, in reality they are just a bit over that -- and the FS is not a faux flash suppressor, in case you are buying it for that reason?

Now, a question for you... why on earth would you want one? I can not think of a worse barrel to be honest -- with it you get a combination of the least desired qualities available: you get the reduced muzzle velocity of the 11.5, but the obstructive length of a 16"?
    I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Feedback Score
    I know, I know...I just like it. I have another rifle (colt 6721) for HD...the bushmaster is just for fun. Thanks for your reply.

Feedback Score
    magsig, there is or was a 5.5 in. flash supressor that goes on a 16 in. barrel, but extends back over the barrel to give you the look of the commando and the benefit of the 16 in. barrel length for velocity. I know they were around about ten yrs. ago. You may still be able to find one and get the look without the downside.

good luck, Billy

Feedback Score
    Bushmaster still has them. http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/brakes/mmt-0019.asp

Not my photo