Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Semi shotgun in 12g

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Semi shotgun in 12g

For $800. All around clays and birds. Is the beretta a300 the best answer?
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score

Semi shotgun in 12g

I have a Beretta A300 Uplander. Also have a CZ712. I’ve owned the Beretta for 8 years now, the CZ for 4. Both are fine. Nothing fancy but will easily run 500+ rounds between cleanings if kept lubed. At 500 rounds, they are pretty nasty but will still run if well oiled. I use some form of CLP, generally Ballistol.

Beretta cost me $589 on sale and the CZ $429 on sale. Both bought new from Cabelas.

I use both for clay sports and almost exclusively shoot the cheapest factory #7.5 and #8 shot I can find. When newish (sub 500
    rounds), stick to 1 1/8th loads for best results.

These days, I use the CZ a lot more because our primary courses of fire are 5 shots per station, and the Beretta only holds 4.

I don’t hunt anymore but would be good with either for any bird hunting. Not 100% sure if they handle shells over 3” though if that’s a thing for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 02-08-21 at 10:01.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Any better options for the price? Would it be wiser to save up for something more expensive like an M2 or A400?

I’m told Franchi is a better choice than the A300 at the $800 range.
    Last edited by newyork; 02-08-21 at 11:50.
    "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppressions of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day."

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Got a black A300 today

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Got a black A300 today
    Congrats, good luck with your gun. For the cheap one could get a Stoeger (Benelli basically ) 3 gun blaster in that price range. In case anyone else is looking.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    My boss/buddy is possibly getting rid of his Stoeger 20g in camo. If he’s looking to give it away I’ll use it for something lol

Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Got a black A300 today
    I bought A300s for my boys two years ago based on price and reviews. We had some early stoppages on one of the guns while using "light load" shells for sporting clays. After researching the interwebs a bit it seems that can happen early on with those but typically goes away after a few hundred rounds get through the gun. I would gladly buy those again today.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    A300 is a fine choice. For anyone else looking and thinking about this:

I have three Winchester SX3's that I use for duck hunting with my sons. They have done nothing but run. If you shop you can find them for $800 or so (in normal times). The current model is the SX4 which I do not have experience with but suspect it is every bit as good as the SX3's. I have been very impressed with their fit and function and they have held up well in the duck blind. One got dropped in the lake in about 5 feet of water and soaked down there for 5 min or so before we recovered it. Took it apart, dried and oiled it, and back in business. Note that the Win SX series is the same gun as the Browning semi-auto's.

I don't have an A300 (have shot one), and I do have an A391 (which is an older, very good gun), and I would take the SX3 over the A391 or A300.
    Last edited by JiminAZ; 02-23-21 at 20:50.

Feedback Score
    Is the A300 specfically a hunting shotgun or can it be used for home defense, etc?

sorry if this is a dumb questions, lol
    I'm new to shotguns
    Thanks in advance

Feedback Score
    Is the A300 specfically a hunting shotgun or can it be used for home defense, etc?

sorry if this is a dumb questions, lol
    I'm new to shotguns
    Thanks in advance

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast