Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BUIS for G45 with RMR

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

BUIS for G45 with RMR

Searched around a bit, but couldn't find anything concrete.

I'm getting my Gen 5 G45 milled to accept an RM01 Type 2 RMR. Trying to figure out sight heights for a lower 1/4 or 1/3 co witness.....just not sure if that is dependent on the depth of the mill cut, or if there is a standard depth they mill the slide to. Looking at Ameriglo night sights.....the "agent" model is one I keep coming across.

Any help is appreciated.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You will need suppressor height sights, even for a milled slide. Standard height glock sights will not be high enough to use on their own with an RDS in between them.

Ameriglo suppressor height in all back are very popular. There is not much need for tritium iron sights on a dot gun, especially if you put a weapon light in the gun. Also, adding another hi viz aiming system in there is a potential distract or to the dot.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

BUIS for G45 with RMR

That’s good point about the night sights.

However, I don’t believe there is just suppressor height and standard height. It looks like Ameriglo offers different heights in the elevated/suppressor sights. Hoping someone might chime in that may know what height would be best for a lower 1/4 or lower 1/3 cowitness.

Thanks for the reply, ggammell.
    Last edited by CrowCommand; 02-08-21 at 15:05.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The GL429 suppressor height weights are the tallest you want unless you have to change you POA/POI based on load. Anything taller than that is well above the height you want.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I put these on my 19X and couldn't be happier. Black all the way around and for me on the 19X the POI is just fine. G45 is same thing only different as they say but these should be fine for you I would think, I also run a RMR. I have not shot @25yrds but @15yrds and up they are good.
    https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-p...ed-dot-scopes/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wouldn’t really worry about cowitnessing your sights with the dot. What makes the dot excel is its ability to allow you to target focus. If you start making your eyes do the dance between sights, dot, and target, your putting yourself at a disadvantage. If your dot is in the glass, then all you need to see is it and the target. If for some reason there is no dot, then use the irons. Just get a quality set of suppressor height sights and know where your POA/POI is at known distances. Zero your dot at your preferred distance and don’t complicate things.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Ameriglo GL-470 is what I have on my G19.5 slide on my G45 frame.

https://www.bigtexoutdoors.com/produ...t-rear-gl-470/

Last edited by RWH24; 02-08-21 at 17:43.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    I wouldn’t really worry about cowitnessing your sights with the dot. What makes the dot excel is its ability to allow you to target focus. If you start making your eyes do the dance between sights, dot, and target, your putting yourself at a disadvantage. If your dot is in the glass, then all you need to see is it and the target. If for some reason there is no dot, then use the irons. Just get a quality set of suppressor height sights and know where your POA/POI is at known distances. Zero your dot at your preferred distance and don’t complicate things.
    CORRECT!
    Front sights with dots or night sight draws your eye to it and not your RDS.
    My Milled slides from ATEI have the rear sight in front of the RMR.
    The MOS for Glock is rear to rear. Confused my brain which is an EZ task.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thanks fellas. I guess I am looking to not exactly co-witnessing the dot with the irons, but be able to use the irons, should the dot ever fail (highly doubtful with the reviews I see on the RMR). The GL470 looks a bit high IMO (but thank you for the pic), I will most likely try out the GL429....Luckily, you guys talked me out of the night sights, so, if I don't like the irons I put on, I'll only be out $50-60 instead of $80-100.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    I put these on my 19X and couldn't be happier. Black all the way around and for me on the 19X the POI is just fine. G45 is same thing only different as they say but these should be fine for you I would think, I also run a RMR. I have not shot @25yrds but @15yrds and up they are good.
    https://dawsonprecision.com/dawson-p...ed-dot-scopes/
    310_074__96666.1557248862.jpg

The picture shows the rear sight is below the top of the RMR. Can you confirm?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast