Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BUIS for G45 with RMR

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    I actually like having a tritium front and black rear with my rmr. I don't find it distracting at all.

Soli Deo Gloria
    I'd imagine it would only be distracting at night, under stress.....no disrespect, but have you tested under low/no light?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowCommand View Post
    I'd imagine it would only be distracting at night, under stress.....no disrespect, but have you tested under low/no light?
    Yes. The RDS is not only a different color but I keep it brighter then the glow of the night sight. I don't care for rear night sights though. They seem to distract me a little.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    I actually like having a tritium front and black rear with my rmr. I don't find it distracting at all.

Soli Deo Gloria
    Until you see two glowing dots under nods.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    Until you see two glowing dots under nods.
    Not a problem I have to worry about.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    CORRECT!
    Front sights with dots or night sight draws your eye to it and not your RDS.
    My Milled slides from ATEI have the rear sight in front of the RMR.
    The MOS for Glock is rear to rear. Confused my brain which is an EZ task.
    This is the way. I have the exact same set up from ATEI and it's great.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Smitten.

I

After dry firing 100x, I don’t see finding the dot any different/more difficult than being proficient with irons....bringing the gun up to where the irons line up, there is no problem finding the dot. From there it’s just point and shoot (RDS), vs lining up sights and adding a task.

I see the dot improving times with multiple shot drills, and shortening draw to positive hit times. I’m only 10 years behind....

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowCommand View Post
    Smitten.

I

After dry firing 100x, I don’t see finding the dot any different/more difficult than being proficient with irons....bringing the gun up to where the irons line up, there is no problem finding the dot. From there it’s just point and shoot (RDS), vs lining up sights and adding a task.

I see the dot improving times with multiple shot drills, and shortening draw to positive hit times. I’m only 10 years behind....
    I may have missed it, but who milled the slide?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Slide work was done by Dave Santori of Armscraft LLC in Attleboro, MA.

I’m pretty inexperienced with this stuff, but it looks to be quality work. He milled the slide cold blued the raw steel, and installed the Ameriglo suppressor sights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Some thoughts after shooting with a slide mounted RDS for the first time:

- Time onto target is definitely faster, which was to be expected.

- Didn't really improve my accuracy, which leads to the next...

- The RDS gives immediate feedback on calling the shot, i.e., pulling left/right, high/low. I never noticed this as much with irons, I suppose I was more focused on the target. I've spent a lot of time in the past week dry firing and working on trigger technique....finding that position of your finger you pull the trigger significantly changes where the dot pulls when the trigger breaks. Grip is a huge factor as well.

Overall, I feel the RMR (or any RDS, really) will improve my pistol shooting. It's a lot to lump together, where in the past I was just pulling the trigger and getting lucky, now, I will focus on consistency of grip, and trigger finger placement, stance as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123