Picked this up last week at EuroOptic and it arrived yesterday. Spent all day yesterday like a kid on Christmas and ranged just about everything I could see. For 475 shipped it's the best budget rangefinder Ive ever used and I think would give some of the more expensive models a run for their money.

The glass on the monocular is clear and crisp. It has two buttons, one to activate the laser and the other to switch modes. The second button can also be held down to change yards/meters, brightness, and it will compensate angle distance out to around 400 yards (not something I think Ill really use).

Running around with it yesterday I found it will measure basically anything out to 1500 yards. Trees, bushes, whatever. Under that range it gave me instant results probably 95 percent of the time. On occasion I had to reshoot the laser. I checked against some places in my neighborhood where I had previously measured with a GPS and it was spot on.

From 1500 to 1900 yards the regular mode works about half the time and works better on rocks or bare ground. There is an extender long range mode that allows you to hold the laser button down to get ranging on the longer shots. It works well if you have the optic braced. It comes with a threading hole for a bipod mount. I was able to hit a mountainside at around 2200 yards with the ELR mode and a building at 3101 yards. Using an GPS map measurement app on my phone it showed the building to be 3115 yards from my location with a +/- accuracy of 10 yards at my original location.

The instructions said the laser works better in overcast of shady conditions so I tried it at night on a mountainside a couple miles from the house. I was able to hit the mountainside at over 3900 yards. The GPS app shows that mountain to be roughly that far but I was unable to test actual accuracy because the mountain was too dark to see where exactly I measured on it.

Overall Im very happy with it.

Here is a short video I made showing it. It's shot through my phone so the video quality isn't the best and doesnt accurately reflect the glass quality of the Vortex.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A2V...ature=youtu.be