Thread: these AR type semi shotguns recoil question

Feedback Score

these AR type semi shotguns recoil question

im use to old school 870 express shotguns ,in 12 , 20 ,and .410 , the 870 express is my jam when concerning shotguns , the 12 im usually layered up for duck hunting on the river so recoil not really felt , but in a T shirt ,call me a pussy but magnums have a punch to them

these AR type semi shotguns , do they use a buffer to reduce recoil and how effective is it , at least with a pump your motion sorta resets you for the next shot , with a semi you're unloading in succession

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopharted View Post
    im use to old school 870 express shotguns ,in 12 , 20 ,and .410 , the 870 express is my jam when concerning shotguns , the 12 im usually layered up for duck hunting on the river so recoil not really felt , but in a T shirt ,call me a pussy but magnums have a punch to them

these AR type semi shotguns , do they use a buffer to reduce recoil and how effective is it , at least with a pump your motion sorta resets you for the next shot , with a semi you're unloading in succession
    Something like an Armscor VR80 does use a buffer and spring similar to the AR. How it shoots and feels, I don't know, never shot one. I've seen a couple here in Calif but didn't get too deep into how they felt.

Feedback Score
    In my very limited experience, they are not going to remain operational long enough for you to concern yourself with recoil. Sample size of two belonging to guys I barely knew. I don't remember much, just that they bore only rough cosmetics in common with an AR. They were malfamatics. YMMV.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    In my very limited experience, they are not going to remain operational long enough for you to concern yourself with recoil. Sample size of two belonging to guys I barely knew. I don't remember much, just that they bore only rough cosmetics in common with an AR. They were malfamatics. YMMV.
    i think i will go with a tactical pump for a home defense

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    No thanks to DBM on shotguns, the shells can deform from sitting around, I'll stick with a tube mag.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!